2007 AE rear shock removal

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floridave

Reaction score
Hi all,

Trying to remove rear shock from my 2007 AE and wondering if anyone has any tips/info/instructions. Specifically the top shock bolt.

I have the full shop manual but it's no help. It looks to me like I need to remove the shift actuator on the left side to get access to the bolt, but wondering if anyone can confirm that? On the right side? Maybe need to remove some brake line brackets or attachments, but I've not tried to get to it from there.

Hope I haven't missed a faq or guide on this, ( specific to the AE, seems others have much easier access).

Appreciate anyone thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did this but it was more than ten years ago. Seems like I followed the instructions but, when I was almost done, I realized something about not having to remove the clutch/shift assembly. There is a way to reach the bolt thru a gap in the frame with a 3/8" extension but IIRC you have to put the socket on after you're beyond the frame. Or something like that.....

There's a really old thread around here that steps you thru the procedure for a standard Gen II, it's almost identical for an AE. Use it as a starting point

On a regular 2007 "A" model, you have to sort of lever some of the ABS stuff out of the way with a big screwdriver to get the top bolt out. You even have to align the flats on the hex head parallel with the frame - at least it makes it easier. Make sure you don't lose the spacer when you put it back together!!!

Latest posts