Inland NW Motorcycle Show

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fontanaman

Robin Trower
Reaction score
I went to the Inland NW Motorcycle Show yesterday, aka Spokane Motorcycle show, held at the Spokane County Fair Grounds.

Parking free, admission $10 good for the entire weekend. What does Spokane have that Seattle doesn't? A motorcycle show!

I was hoping to get a good deal on some adventure riding boots and panniers for my DR650. As there was a swap meet I arrived when the show opened on Friday. The swap meet had a lot of motorcycle parts and a few bikes for sale along with a bit of riding apparel, but no boots or panniers.

There were three local dealers in attendance who brought a lot of bikes to the show. One Harley dealer an Indian dealer and Westside Power sports who have BMWs, Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Can-Am, and Ducati. Lots of new bikes. I sat on a an Indian touring motorcycle and a BMW R1200RT. The BMW was going for 25k. There was a new 2017 Honda Africa Twin going for $9,999.

I looked around for panniers and adventure boots at the dealer displays. None to be found, bummer. The was an abundance of cruiser gear.

Went to admired the show bikes. A lot of choppers, bobbers and custom Vtwins.

This one caught my eye due to the lack of ground clearance. There was no description of the bike. Perhaps it has a air shock to raise it up, otherwise this is a work of art.

Q1KDj0Z.jpg

I found --G's next dirt bike!

aSdZU2R.jpg

I enjoy the old iron that reminds me of my youth.

A 1974 250 Penton Hare Scrambler. An early version of a KTM.

Ro3g9Vz.jpg

A 1969 Hodaka Super Rat 100

BsEiLmX.jpg

A 1974 Hodaka Super Rat 100

cyy2lV0.jpg

A 1974 Suzuki TM250

nByQKQE.jpg

A Rickman

wkmvk2H.jpg

It was a good show and a nice way to spend a couple of hours.

Thanx, how was your first winter?
December and January were rather mild. February we had 28.6 inches of snow, the second snowiest on record. We had a very high snow on the ground in March nearly setting a record. February and March were about 12 degrees below average as well so the snow that fell never left. The temps in Spokane finally reach 40 degrees in the last ten days. I was damn near ready to put on my summer clothes and dance on the back deck. We still have 4" of snow in the back yard but it should go away soon with temp in the upper 50's the coming week.

My wife and I spend a lot of time at the gym this winter. Good on us.

I will take the DR650 for a spin this week and try out the new Russell saddle. Lots of gravel on the roads so it is still kinda sketchy out there.

Thanks for the old dirt bike pics Fontanaman, and yes, I had a YZ250 that looked just like that lil'one!

Roads are still dirty on this side...nothing a couple good rain storms can't clear though.

~G

Was there today, the 4 or 5 xs650's caught my eye. Was hoping to see more clothing and accessories as well. Went from there to Empire M/C and bought a part for the tiger. So ended well.