First rides of the year

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mayhem454

Reaction score
Off to grocery back home off to the family farm back home. Typical FJR run, no issues and the continued desire to ride more. Love my bike! Thank You, that is all!

I was hoping that today would be my first ride of the season. Up until the last couple of days, my street still had hard-packed snow and ice on it. Lots of residual salt and sand too. (I can tolerate the sand but avoid salt)

It went from reasonably warm (40 °F) and rainy this AM to clear and windy with the temperature dropping below freezing in short order. Doesn't look like there will be another decent opportunity for another 10 days or so. (No St. Patrick's ride this year.)

What's this "first rides" thing? Is there some law against riding in January and February? It was only about 64F here today, a little bit chilly for a ride but doable with the grip heaters and raising the windshield.
smile.png

I know, that's kinda mean. I feel for those of you snowed in up North. I can only imagine how enjoyable that "first ride" must be.