Anyone installed Rostra Cruise Control on Gen-II

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HaulinAshe

Reaction score
Thinking about adding cruise to the old '07. Probably not willing to fork out $1,200 on MC Cruise. That's more than the KBB value of the bike!

Spotted Rostra electronic/servo Universal for roughly $300 with a controller switch.

Anybody already done it?

Remember to convert Australian dollars down to United States dollars. Even after that my MC cruise cost $850 us. The MC cruise is a very well thought-out product, and was a breeze to install. Their controller and wiring harness modifications are perfectly made with matching connectors everywhere. It was a joy to install it.

I have done 3 Rostra installations. The first one on my 2005 non ABS, the second on a 2012 and the third on a 2015 FJ 09. All 3 are working very well after some trial and errors. Mine is a delight to use, feel nothing when engaging, looses just 2 km/h going steep huphill and brakes well on downhill maintaining + - 1 km/h. The 2005 required a 4/1 divider to get the unit reading the proper ‘’pulse per mile’’.

Latest posts