PNW Tech meet #21 July 20, 2019

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auburn

Reaction score
PNW Tech Meet #21, will be July 20, 2019.

For those traveling long distances, and may end up in the Seattle area, please contact me if you need to service your bike (oil change, etc...) before the trip home or to change tires. You can drop ship them out and install when you are here.

Some people have expressed the desire to tackle a valve check, but would like to have someone around to assist/make sure they are doing it correctly. There are several of us here in the PNW who can assist, so please post up the request or PM me, and we'll try to get you paired up with some who can help.

Time for the annual gathering, bench racing and tech day. Saturday July 20th at my house again. (If you haven't been here, PM me and I'll send you the address) Starting at 9 AM going until 5 PM. (Cost is $10 includes lunch and helps with shop consumables) PLEASE Respond to the thread if you are coming so we can get a head count for lunch.

Try to keep in mind if you are doing something that takes a lot of time, that it may not be the best place to do it. Some have tried to do a cruise control install for the first time and have not been able to finish.

Maintenance suggested so far are:

Grounding system
Tire changes (Derek Weaver tire machine) for those who need to (please take your used tires with you to the recycle - Les Schwab will take then for a nominal fee)
TBS
PAIR system block off
Various electrical and electronic additions
Brake system flush - please RSVP this
Fork rebuilds

If you are traveling some distance and need a place to stay, there are a couple of motels in Auburn about 5 miles away (La Quinta Inn and a Pepper Tree Best Western).

Lunch - snacks, main course TBD, salad, and soda. Bring your own beverages for stronger stuff.

There will be a swap meet also. Bring your stuff you want to trade or sell.

Attendees: (Please RSVP that you are coming for a head count on the food)

AuburnFJR & Mrs.

Hudson

BeamerReamers

Niehart

escapeFJRtist

Panman

harper

James W

allrider

redneckj

dzane

Seattle Ty?

audiowize +1

chazglenn3

RC65?

pwnsauce

Zeb

Ex Beemerguy

Duster19?

AdamK

FastJoyRide

Last edited by a moderator:
I already have planned and booked travel plans for that date, coming back on 21st... So sad to miss it.

No autocross conflicts, looks like I'm in!

Turns out this is the same weekend as the Winthrop Blues Festival, hence I'm now out.

Have a great time and I'll try to catch the next one.

Count me in too. I will be glad to change tires (again).
smile.png

Hope everyone is doing well.

I'm going to try to make this one.

Take care and hope to see everyone soon :)

Don't mark me down as confirmed yet as I may unfortunately have a conflict that weekend, but I hope I don't and would like to attend if not. I don't have anything I need to do to the bike, but would love to see a sea of FJRs and, even more, would like to sit on one with a Laam if possible...my Sargent just really isn't doing it for me, but I don't want to splurge on yet another aftermarket seat if it's not the improvement I believe it to likely be. I should know in a few weeks if the 20th is free.

PNW Tech Meet #21, will be July 20, 2019.

For those traveling long distances, and may end up in the Seattle area, please contact me if you need to service your bike (oil change, etc...) before the trip home or to change tires. You can drop ship them out and install when you are here.

Some people have expressed the desire to tackle a valve check, but would like to have someone around to assist/make sure they are doing it correctly. There are several of us here in the PNW who can assist, so please post up the request or PM me, and we'll try to get you paired up with some who can help.

Time for the annual gathering, bench racing and tech day. Saturday July 20th at my house again. (If you haven't been here, PM me and I'll send you the address) Starting at 9 AM going until 5 PM. (Cost is $10 includes lunch and helps with shop consumables) PLEASE Respond to the thread if you are coming so we can get a head count for lunch.

Try to keep in mind if you are doing something that takes a lot of time, that it may not be the best place to do it. Some have tried to do a cruise control install for the first time and have not been able to finish.

Maintenance suggested so far are:

Grounding system

Tire changes (Derek Weaver tire machine) for those who need to (please take your used tires with you to the recycle - Les Schwab will take then for a nominal fee)

TBS

PAIR system block off

Various electrical and electronic additions

Brake system flush - please RSVP this

Fork rebuilds

If you are traveling some distance and need a place to stay, there are a couple of motels in Auburn about 5 miles away (La Quinta Inn and a Pepper Tree Best Western).

Lunch - snacks, main course TBD, salad, and soda. Bring your own beverages for stronger stuff.

There will be a swap meet also. Bring your stuff you want to trade or sell.

Attendees: (Please RSVP that you are coming for a head count on the food)

AuburnFJR & Mrs.

Hudson

BeamerReamers

Niehart

escapeFJRtist

Panman

harper

James W

allrider

redneckj

dzane

Seattle Ty?

audiowize +1

chazglenn3

RC65?

pwnsauce

Zeb

Ex Beemerguy
List is updated

If I can't get there until around 2pm or so, will there still be enough time for a fork rebuild? I noticed oil on the tube on the way to work this morning.

Charles, we'll make it work. If you end up too late, we can do it some other time too. either way works.