First Bike

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRay

Reaction score
At 35 years old my youngest son is finally getting his first bike. He passed the safety course last weekend and Is picking up the bike in my shop Friday. It's a good thing he is a responsible person cause he is starting on a FZ1. I'm sure he will do fine but may have to change shorts after the first big handful of throttle.
punk.gif

My boy has been talking about getting into riding, he's thinking a Tenere. He's the same age and smart enough, scares me a bit.

Age 35? At least he's beyond the stage of life where guys have more testosterone than brains.

Best of luck to all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Now you have more excuses for riding Ray! Take some time and let him follow you for a few [hundred] miles on those straight-boring Oregon roads.

Riding weather should be getting good about now!!
bike.gif

~G

Ha... my daughter rides a Triumph 900cc scrambler. This might not seem like such a big deal except that she's 5'2'' and 105 pounds. That is a lot of machine for a young lady her size. But she loves it and her and hubby own identical Triumphs: ya might see them cruising the streets of Seattle together if ya live in that corner of the country.

I'm reminded of the day I got back into motorcycling after a long hiatus. The girls were around 10 years old and they were so excited to go for a ride with daddy on the new bike. I took both of them riding quite often, and they developed a love for motorcycling early on. So now the baton has been passed from one generation to another. Kathy is 29 now and it really makes me happy to see the kids out riding and enjoying themselves.

Last edited by a moderator: