'13 stock Dogbone length?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McRide

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
As you might figure, I am making some suspension/height adjustments or more accurately.... the Corbin seat is too low for me and I can't go far enough in a day on the stock seat. So I need to raise the Corbin ride height. Corbin fits only in at the low seat setting.

Question: the dogbones on the '13 measure 7 3/8" (hole to hole), compared with 6 3/8" on the '04. So I'm thinking there might be a lowering kit on the '13 but I have no point of reference and both bikes may have been changed out. I can only get the part numbers online, not the length.

Can someone please let me know the stock dogbone length on a '13? And/or what aftermarket length is typical for a height enchanced 6'-2" rider.

I will be either (1) jacking up the rear a bit with shorter dogbones and stay with the Corbin or (2) switching over to the 8983 adjustable shock or (3) changing to a Laam which allows me to use both the low and hight seat settings...... Just getting my options in order... any help is appreciated!

Dogbones on my [stock] '15A are ~7-3/8" center-to-center.

For me, I use options 2 & 3, plus used the adjustable ride height feature on my Penske. I added ~3mm length to the shock. Raised the rear just enough to quicken turn in and maintain good geometry when loaded for trips. Me likes it a lot!

~G