1st gen ('04) running lights not working

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmeysemb

Reaction score
I've been through every fuse and checked every bulb. Bike starts and runs great and all other lights work great. I've taken all accessory wires off (disconnected from battery). Can't get any running lights.

Any other ideas? I've already thought about running a new set of wires to each bulb from another fuse, but that seems like a pain, if I'm missing something easier.

Also, I'm pretty sure I had to replace the ignition switch on this bike many years ago but this issue popped up just recently.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Have a look at the Headlight relays if they works ok and on their terminals and also have a look at the connectors under of the tank,under of the T-bar if everything is ok and they are no corroded..

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a very similar issue on my 05.  Just the front signal indicators (running lights), come on when the key is in the on position.  Is this normal?  Should all four corners light up?  My brother has an 07, (Gen II), and all four corners on his light up.  I thought my rear blinkers failure to light as running lights might just be a GenI/GenII thing?