Sena - attach to helmet ...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rogdeb

Scouser
Reaction score
.... using the 2 sided sticky tape.

Attention for Comm Gurus

Attaching the Sena unit to the side of the helmet using the 2 sided tape instead of the clamp.

Anybody done this ? And how ? ..... without trimming part of the outer skirt of the helmet away. I see no other way without trimming cause the plastic base and sticky tape will not be flush with the helmet. Or am I missing something here ?

Thanks guys

I have done it on a Shoei Neotec, an LS2 Adventure Helmet and a Schuberth C3, I've never trimmed anything.

I did use three little self tapping screws on the LS2.

I use 3m with the red plastic backing for wheel weights. It will keep the Sena in place. AND, when done, the tape will peel off without taking paint with it.

I use 3m with the red plastic backing for wheel weights. It will keep the Sena in place. AND, when done, the tape will peel off without taking paint with it.
That is the stuff I have used too. In fact, on the 20S I sent to Jer yesterday I put new Red backed adhesive on the mount before i sent it.

That is VHB.

And VHB is what glues badges, side moldings, and other such small things on cars. It is what I used to attach my Sena 20S to my Nolan N104 Evo. Just clean the surfaces a bit. And like Sapest said, layer if you need to fill in gaps.

Last edited by a moderator:
VHB it is
punk.gif

Had to buy it from Amazon as all the local stores near me (Home Depot, Lowes, Target, etc) didn't stock true VHB !

Thanks again all ya's.
smile.png

Latest posts