Waterlogged Canuck heading your way

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WTP07

Reaction score
As the title says, myself and a buddy (He rides a Trophy, but he's ok) are heading south starting tomorrow at lunchtime.

Day 1: Leaving SW Ontario (London area) and heading to either Pittsburgh, PA or Morgantown, WV, depending on our enthusiasm at the end of the day, and of course, weather.

Day 2: Pitt/Morgantown to Asheville NC

Day 3: Asheville Area

Day 4 Asheville Area

Day 5: Asheville to Birmingham, AL area.

Day 6: Birmingham to NO, LA

Day 7 NO Area

Day 8 NO Area

Day 9 NO to Louisville ish area

Day 10 Louisville to Home.

Any of y'all (see what I did there?) have any suggestions or want to meet for a beer along the way, let me know.

Cheers!

Not really mcy related but I enjoyed the day I spent at the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green. Also heard the Woodford Reserve distillery tour between Louisville and Lexington is a worthy stop. Enjoy the trip wherever it takes you.

5000ish kms complete, including the tail of the dragon and 200 miles of the BRP. Our route saw us through 13 states (NY, PA, WV, VA, NC, GA, AL, LA, MI, TN, KY, OH, MI) and one province, ON.

New Orleans was a blast, and we managed to score a really nice, really cheap hotel right at Canal & Bourbon.

The ONLY hiccup we ran into (other than my aching ass bones) was that our night in Asheville, NC was at a rathole motel because the rest of the city was full. We probably could have ridden to another town, but I needed a beer and a steak.

All in all, great times, great weather (a tiny bit of rain in Charleston on the way down) and good company.

Oh, and the FJR performed flawlessly. I rolled over 80k miles on her this trip. My buddy's trophy had a couple of hiccups with the ES doing some calibrations when he turned it on, and his windscreen didn't want to move one morning.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Do not miss Barber Motorcycle Museum outside of Birmingham near Leeds, AL. Largest motorcycle museum in the world and well worth a couple hours on the rush through plan.
We did this and boy am I ever glad we did. What a place. We were joking around trying to estimate the value of the bikes in there. (Just the bikes, not the F1 cars, etc). Our best guess was 750 million. The whole place is top notch. Worth every minute and every nickel.