Laying Down Rubber

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcarver

Reaction score
Lady with young daughter maybe 12 or so made a left hand turn onto hiway 41 westbound today.

Right in front of me. I'm at 58 mph.

See her 'creeping' out from the left.

Spidery Sensors at 11.

No, she's not 'creeping' any more.

She's accelerating.

I lock them up and start steering to the right, giving her as much room as I can.

To my right is bankment, if I go off road I roll.

As I slid along side her passenger door, I see the young girls face and decide right then and there I'll roll before hitting her. She was panicked.

The idiot driver *finally* hears my screeching tires and moves left, just in time to for a miss.

I stop the car and start shaking.

She backs up, and pulls along side my driver door, in the *wrong lane of a 2 way busy hi-way*, apologizing and saying...

"I did not see you! I checked!"

"Are you OK?"

"No, you almost killed your daughter and me."

"Get going, you're in a very dangerous spot. In 30 seconds you have made two very stupid decisions with a young one in your car.

And she drove off.

Now I have 4 flat-spotted tires.

https://vimeo.com/346965231

Last edited by a moderator:
Had similar happen on my FJ 1200.....next bike had to have ABS....thank cow haven't needed it ....yet...

Stop that. You need to live long enough to get this crap out of here.
smile.png
Glad it was a near miss and you're OK. There are just to many idiots out there so you gotta keep the sensors set on high at all times.

Latest posts