Olympic Mens Touring Jacket Sizing

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

art miller

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I am looking at Olympic jackets and reading reviews seem to indicate the sizing tends to run large. I am 5'10" and weigh t48lbs. Sleeve length for shirts is 32" and waist 31". Do any of you road warriors have experience with the sizing of Olympic jackets compared to other brands. I wear a Medium in all the jackets I have purchased over the years but no experience with this brand. Thanks.

Art

If you mean Olympia--guessing you do--the sizing is whatever you find right in other brands, in my experience. They don't seem to run large or small. I have an older Airglide set, pants and jacket. My favorite gear for most weather. The jacket liner is comfortable and looks good alone off the bike. In fact, I use it as the liner under my other jackets if I need one.

RevZilla, for one, is great about returns if you need to exchange, IIRC. I believe they sent me a mailing label to cover return shipping when I had to return something.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you mean Olympia--guessing you do--the sizing is whatever you find right in other brands, in my experience. They don't seem to run large or small. I have an older Airglide set, pants and jacket. My favorite gear for most weather. The jacket liner is comfortable and looks good alone off the bike. In fact, I use it as the liner under my other jackets if I need one.
RevZilla, for one, is great about returns if you need to exchange, IIRC. I believe they sent me a mailing label to cover return shipping when I had to return something.
Thanks Mike. RevZilla has the Airglide 5 on sale but they are sold out of Medium. Their customer service people are very good, they said they will have medium is stock mid-Aug and will send me an email when stock is available. They are a good seller to deal with. Have purchased from them in the past.

I've bought all 4 of my Olympia jackets from a local dealer. I try them on and if it fits I take it home with me. You will never get the wrong size with this tried and true method!

I have an Airglide 4 jacket in medium. I am 5' 10" and about 170 lbs. The jacket fits a little snug, so at 148 lbs, it might be just right, It was not a long jacket, hugs around the hips

Thanks Mike. RevZilla has the Airglide 5 on sale but they are sold out of Medium. Their customer service people are very good, they said they will have medium is stock mid-Aug and will send me an email when stock is available. They are a good seller to deal with. Have purchased from them in the past

Bike Bandit has the Airglide 5 Medium; Neon Yellow and Red/White on sale in stock. Black and Ivory/Pewter out of stock. I've had good luck ordering from them.

Thanks Mike. RevZilla has the Airglide 5 on sale but they are sold out of Medium. Their customer service people are very good, they said they will have medium is stock mid-Aug and will send me an email when stock is available. They are a good seller to deal with. Have purchased from them in the past
Bike Bandit has the Airglide 5 Medium; Neon Yellow and Red/White on sale in stock. Black and Ivory/Pewter out of stock. I've had good luck ordering from them.

Thanks for the heads up RevZilla price is 232.99 vs 247.99 at Bike Bandit. RevZilla notified me they will have medium avail. in Aug. I have other jackets and no long trips planned until mid Sep. to Texas Hill Country.

Off this topic, if anyone knows of a good sale on Michelin Road 5's let me know. Looking for 190/55-17 rear and 120/70-17 front. Can't find a price for set under $350. Perhaps winter is the time for tire sales.