Tioga & Sonora Passes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motorcycle Mayor

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Open-Graph-Image.jpg

I just got back from a great ride through the Tioga and Sonora Passes in California. You can read the write-up on it here.

Nice and even a bit of a ride report!
You should join us at YFO in September if you would like to meet a few of the folks around here. More good riding over the hill.

linky https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/175241-yfo-2019-sept-12-14/
Thanx, I'll keep that in mind. My schedule isn't always the most flexible.

Did this ride last week, one I won't forget.
I see you're based in Washington. Any interesting rides you'd recommend, say, in Oregon or Northern California?

Nice and even a bit of a ride report!
You should join us at YFO in September if you would like to meet a few of the folks around here. More good riding over the hill.

linky https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/175241-yfo-2019-sept-12-14/
Thanx, I'll keep that in mind. My schedule isn't always the most flexible.

Did this ride last week, one I won't forget.
I see you're based in Washington. Any interesting rides you'd recommend, say, in Oregon or Northern California?
The north east corner of Or. is hard to beat. East of hwy 97 and north of hwy 26. Hwy 380 out of Prineville to 395 is good fun also

Are you new to the area? There are tons of riding options! NorCal = 3, 36, 299, 96 for starters... Lassen Natl Park is beautiful... and if you liked Sonora and Tioga, check out 4/Ebbetts Pass (my personal favorite with Sonora a close 2nd) and 89/Monitor Pass... tons of fantastic riding in the Sierras and lower Gold Country areas... and of course you can always just run up the coast hwy from CA to WA...
wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Not new, no. Relatively new to long multi-day rides
smile.png
. I've driven the Oregon coast, and riding it -- or at least the southern half -- would be a blast!
You could check out the Paso Robles area too... we just did a gathering there a couple of months ago and there is some fantastic riding in the area and it's not too far from you...
default_wink.png