• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB: 2016 FJR1300ES

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparky80

Reaction score
As title states, looking for a 2016 FJR 1300 ES.

I'm in West Texas but open to the fly/drive-and-buy option.

Naturally, lower miles the better, mint condition, etc. etc.

NOTE: I am NOT interested in ANY other year, or an A model.

If wanted/needed... will do a partial trade of my '06A and/or '07 FZ1 (both also cobalt blue, see why I want the '16?).

Thanks

Still looking for one.  Sold the FZ1 and will try and sell the '06 FJR here soon (55k miles, great shape, mostly stock.. $4k)

However, shifting my search a bit... will consider either an A or ES model... still only a 2016 as that Cobalt Blue color is a non-negotiable.  

There is a 2016 listed in the for sale section.

Well farkled - might be worth a look...

Not that far from you.

yeah, I've seen that one... but I've seen 16 ES's go for $10.5K earlier this year.  think the price is quite a bit more than I think its worth

yeah, I've seen that one... but I've seen 16 ES's go for $10.5K earlier this year.  think the price is quite a bit more than I think its worth
Might be worth trying to negotiate something - it is well equipped.

He does give the price with an OBO so maybe there is some room to dicker if there isn't any action at the listed price.

The hunt is on again.... this time looking for an A model, not the ES.  

Reason being, i dont like the electronic rear suspension and think that a Penske triple clicker is light years better than the stock electronic unit. 

Also, have a set of AK's in the garage after taking them off the FZ1, and might do a USD swap if i get an A.  Again, AK-20's appear to be far superior than the stock electronic unit.  

Yep, west texas and should have cash ready to buy later on this week.  Only trouble is... can't go anywhere as this corona and military dictates i can't travel more than 75 miles.  

But... still worth a look

Good luck with the search sparky! Should be a easy find since you’re looking for an “A” model. 

FYI, I did the USD swap and have a set installed on my ‘15A...along with a Penske triple clicker. Lots of parts needed for the USD swap. All new parts would be big $$$, best bet is to find a wrecked ES and strip what’s required. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions.

~G

Sparky

I have a 2016 ES for sale in Brazil, Indiana, about 60 miles west of Indianapolis, along I70.  Try to find it on Cycletraader for more details , pictures, and asking price.

11,600 miles

Guess I'm VERY picky, but sold my Aprilia and ready to buy my '16 FJR.  the 2nd gear recall doesn't scare me and I'd almost prefer to buy one that hasn't had the recall done on it.... my faith in another human to properly install everything correctly is questionable.  

After many months of seachng and debating, the wait and search is over.  Bought a 2016 A with 2100 miles on it.  AK's are with Dan and will be transformed into a wonderful ride real soon.