valve adjustment schedule for '07

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dean

mst3kguy
Reaction score
hi listers,

i did a search for +valve +adjustment, couldn't find my answer, so asking here: what is the mileage schedule for valve adjustments for the fjr? i checked micapeak's link for maintenance schedule, didn't see valve adjustment until the 26,600 mile mark, and apprx 26k miles thereafter. i'm interested more in the initial valve check. does yamaha, or more importantly informed owners here, recommend an initial valve adjustment at the 600 mile check, or any time before the 26,600 mile check?

thx!

hi listers,
i did a search for +valve +adjustment, couldn't find my answer, so asking here: what is the mileage schedule for valve adjustments for the fjr? i checked micapeak's link for maintenance schedule, didn't see valve adjustment until the 26,600 mile mark, and apprx 26k miles thereafter. i'm interested more in the initial valve check. does yamaha, or more importantly informed owners here, recommend an initial valve adjustment at the 600 mile check, or any time before the 26,600 mile check?

thx!
No. 26 thou is the first, and as yet has not proven to be an issue requiring one sooner, unless, of course, one has acquired the dreaded
Wood-tick.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not listed as an initial 600 service item. Only every 26K. That's been good enough for most unless you like to analyze things. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
hi listers,

thx!
No. 26 thou is the first, and as yet has not proven to be an issue requiring one sooner, unless, of course, one has acquired the dreaded
Wood-tick.jpg
great, sounds like the fjr engine is just as low maintenance, at least as it relates to valve adjustments, as the fj engine. that's nice to hear.

thanks to all for the replies!

Latest posts