Audiovox CC installed...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuilderBob

Reaction score
Installed my CC over the the weekend. Got to say that it was a bit more of a pain in the a$$ than I had planned. I've installed this kit on two cars and a motorhome in the past and don't remember them being as tedious as this install. A note for those who plan to do this; when you accidentally drop tiny pieces of anything in the area of the throttle bodies, they're gone forever. Don't even look. :blink:

Anyway, she's all buttoned up now and the CC seems to work fine. Except for delay between setting the speed and actual engagement of the CC, I'm pretty happy. That is, unless you consider the three screws that I have left over from reassembly:

Screws.JPG

I've checked the body panels and all the stainless screws seem to be accounted for and I just don't remember where the two black Phillips head screws came from. I assume they're from under the tank somewhere?

I plan to remove the tank again next weekend, so if any of you have any ideas in the meantime, I sure would like to hear them.

Thanks,

Bob

The silver one is typically used for retaining plastic panels through a grommet, like the silver side panels below the seat, or the lower fairing sides, or the very lower panels such as the one near the oil drain plug. Have not disassembled an 07, so can't be sure. The black screws look to be unique to the newer models, so, once again etc etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
The silver one is typically used for retaining plastic panels through a grommet, like the silver side panels below the seat, or the lower fairing sides, or the very lower panels such as the one near the oil drain plug. Have not disassembled an 07, so can't be sure. The black screws look to be unique to the newer models, so, once again etc etc.
+1

That silver screw looks exactly like the one holding the silver side panel on, in the front, on my '07. Dunno about the black ones tho

That silver screw looks exactly like the one holding the silver side panel on, in the front, on my '07.
Ha! We have winner! The right side silver panel was indeed missing the stainless screw. Radman & Silent, you are both geniuses!

Now, about those black screws...

Try the black panels that surround the handlebars, there are two phillips head screws where the panels transition from horizontal to vertical (actually two panels connected together by these screws)

Try the black panels that surround the handlebars, there are two Phillips head screws where the panels transition from horizontal to vertical (actually two panels connected together by these screws)
On the top surface of those panels, close to where they join the painted panels toward the rear, there is one screw on each side. Are these the ones you refer to? I have black button head hex screws in those holes. I might have put the wrong screws in there, but I'd still have two left over.

I'm normally pretty organized when I take things apart; putting fasteners in labeled plastic bags so that I know where they go, but I didn't do that this time. figures. :angry2:

Try the black panels that surround the handlebars, there are two Phillips head screws where the panels transition from horizontal to vertical (actually two panels connected together by these screws)
On the top surface of those panels, close to where they join the painted panels toward the rear, there is one screw on each side. Are these the ones you refer to? I have black button head hex screws in those holes. I might have put the wrong screws in there, but I'd still have two left over.

I'm normally pretty organized when I take things apart; putting fasteners in labeled plastic bags so that I know where they go, but I didn't do that this time. figures. :angry2:
The black button head allen screws are the correct ones on the '07 Bob. Gonna have to look elsewere for the home of those two philips screws.

I have black button head hex screws in those holes.
Those should be phillips head screws. Now about those button head screws...

IIRC all of the black button head screws are in the black plastic. There is a black button head screw on the vertical side of the black panel that houses the glove box. There are two more 3-4 inches above where the phillips head screws should be.

You owe me a beer Bob B)

Bob.jpg

Just went and inspected my '07, and I bet thems the ones. one on each side. Front edge of the fuel tank, underneath.

You owe me a beer Bob B)
You want a Guinness? That's all I have.

Yes! I believe you're right. I looked down there and I saw the home for one of the black screws. Can't see the other side without removing the tank, but I'm fairly certain that I'll see the same thing.

Thanks Silent! :yahoo:

You owe me a beer Bob B)

Yes! I believe you're right. I looked down there and I saw the home for one of the black screws. Can't see the other side without removing the tank, but I'm fairly certain that I'll see the same thing.

Glad ya found it Bob :yahoo:

You owe me a beer Bob B)

Glad ya found it Bob :yahoo:
Bob as far as the CC taking a long time to engage what you need is a check valve in the vacuum line that goes to the motor.

Smitty sent me one to install weeks ago and i finally got round to installing it last week and it made a huge difference, the CC engages instantly now.

do you have a vacuum reservoir in the system?

R