Throttle lock vs Cruise control . . . vs Autopilot

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyguy

Reaction score
I have seen lots of posts lately on throttle locks and cruise control. Given the recent outlook for gas prices I thought it might be usful to chime in here and remind farklers that throttle locks not only are considerably cheaper and easier to install, they get better fuel milage than CC's. To get better milage you should always accelerate downhill and decelerate uphill which is exactly what the locks do. No it dosen't do it as well as a skilled rider can but it is much better than the CC which does exactly the opposite.

Since I'm from Fla. it's no big deal here anyway and I'm sure that I would be tempted to use CC in steeper terrain if I were loaded.

But I try not to do that when I ride. :clapping:

To hell with the throttle locks and cruise controls, where do I get one of them thur Autopilot thingies. <_< Seriously though, I would prefer to have the cruise control because throttle locks don't hold speed well unless it's pretty flat. (And it's not very flat here.)

David