2007 Squeaks

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Lyday

Reaction score
Fellas,

I am new to this forum and was doing a search for squeaks and rattles but could not find anything similar.

I have an 07 that squeaks over bumps. Not really a rattle but squeaking. :blink: Does not seem like this bike should do this.

It appears that the squeaking is coming from the fairing but is really hard to tell. Going over railroad tracks is embarrassing.

Does not seem to be the shocks as far as I can tell. I can not get it to do it when parked so its really hard for me to track this down.

Has anyone had these squeaks like this. Otherwise I am extremely happy with the bike.

Thanks.

Larry

Knocking on wood, my 06 doesn't squeak anywhere.

But Zed did horribly, and it took for ever to track down which dash pieces were doing it. My only advise to you is to find a road, parking lot or what not that has enough bumps to make it squeak but where you can ride safely putting one hand on different parts of the dash until you find it.

It's more than likely just some misaligned plastic somewhere that you can unbolt and put back together right, and if you have to stick some foam in a crack.

-MD

Fellas,
I am new to this forum and was doing a search for squeaks and rattles but could not find anything similar.

I have an 07 that squeaks over bumps. Not really a rattle but squeaking. :blink: Does not seem like this bike should do this.

It appears that the squeaking is coming from the fairing but is really hard to tell. Going over railroad tracks is embarrassing.

Does not seem to be the shocks as far as I can tell. I can not get it to do it when parked so its really hard for me to track this down.

Has anyone had these squeaks like this. Otherwise I am extremely happy with the bike.

Thanks.

Larry
I have an 06 with the same noise. I think it's thetop of the fork letting out a little blast of air from the adjuster. I had an FZ1 before and didn't here this and it had similar forks and adjusters but I wasn't behind a windsheild.

Larry

I have an 06 with the same noise. I think it's thetop of the fork letting out a little blast of air from the adjuster. I had an FZ1 before and didn't here this and it had similar forks and adjusters but I wasn't behind a windsheild.

I'm thinking the same thing as Larry here. My 06 lets out a little sudden "snnphht!" as we move over speed bumps - sounds like a boxer working on a heavy bag, letting out a little breath on each punch.

I'm new to the FJR though (this being my first) so I'm really just guessing in the dark.

Fellas,

Thanks.

Larry
Mine squeeks a bit too ( 07 model) I mine sounds like its coming from the point where the panniers attach to the bike.

Problem solved.

I would have swore it came from the front somewhere but when adding some tankslapper reflective decals on the panniers I heard the noise when removing them. Sure enough the noice was coming from the panniers where they slip into the frame.

Thanks all for your responses.

Larry

Problem solved.
I would have swore it came from the front somewhere but when adding some tankslapper reflective decals on the panniers I heard the noise when removing them. Sure enough the noice was coming from the panniers where they slip into the frame.

Larry
I have the same squeak when going over speed bumps.. Heh.. what is a pannier ? the service manual doesn't seem to match the word 'panni' anywhere.

-noob

Problem solved.

Larry
I have the same squeak when going over speed bumps.. Heh.. what is a pannier ? the service manual doesn't seem to match the word 'panni' anywhere.

-noob
Pannier =- it's a french word - it means 'bread'

Problem solved.

Larry
Larry, I can make mine squeak just by pushing on them, so far they do not do it while riding. What did you do to stop the squeaking ?

Thanks

Mac

I just took them out and re-inserted them and they do not squeak now. It depends on how they go in. I plan to get something like felt to make them quit perminently.