front tire, strange wear pattern

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panayoti

Reaction score
on the front tire, metzler, I can feel a bump about 1/2 an inch from the center line. It is all the way around the tire. I noticed this on my old oem tire at 5800 miles. I put new tires on before my last trip. now after 1700 miles i can see it or more acturately feel it with my fingers.

could my bike be out of alignment ? of is this from the crown of the road ? Most of the miles were on twities in AR and MO. Bike is an 06 with about 7,000 miles. Mostly stock except for PCIII.

thanks for the Help

Click and scroll down a bit. Look for this image:

tirefronttext.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
on the front tire, metzler, I can feel a bump about 1/2 an inch from the center line. It is all the way around the tire. I noticed this on my old oem tire at 5800 miles. I put new tires on before my last trip. now after 1700 miles i can see it or more acturately feel it with my fingers.
could my bike be out of alignment ? of is this from the crown of the road ? Most of the miles were on twities in AR and MO. Bike is an 06 with about 7,000 miles. Mostly stock except for PCIII.

thanks for the Help
Is it scalloping or a solid line around the circumference? I had similar problems with my Ninjas, and the Dunlop rep told me that tire pressure on the front has to be exactly to spec, or tires will be prone to scalloping-- especially on badly crowned roads. And regarding alignment.......

bump is solid edge around entire circumference.

TWN, great article thanks.

i was wondering if my head was midaligned.........