It feels like the clutch is slipping

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skifrik

Reaction score
I have an 06 AE, and when I really get on it, it feels like the clutch is slipping when I shift. Has anyone noticed this? Is it actually slipping? Is this something I should have looked at?

I have an 06 AE, and when I really get on it, it feels like the clutch is slipping when I shift. Has anyone noticed this? Is it actually slipping? Is this something I should have looked at?
My understanding of the AE is that's the way its suppose to work. If it were to to shift firmly while you are 'hard in it' it could break the rear free, or pick up the front. You have to remember the auto shift isn't an automatic, its just a computer controled clutch and the computer tries to compensate for any unstable inputs from the rider. I doupt you would ever see a MotoGP rider with an AE :rolleyes: If your completely in gear and you roll on the throttle and the RPM climbs drasticly without the bike going any faster, then your clutch is slipping.