Yet another "won't start" thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

odot

CC member # 17,----- DUP member # 7, mensa club m
Reaction score
(australian accent) "three days ago I saw a rig that could haul that tanker.............". Yeah...three days ago I put some gas in the torn apart scoot to see if she would fire up.....no joy. No throttle, full throttle, five seconds, fifteen seconds. No joy. Thought, "oh well....it's been six months since she last ran. I'll try again tomorrow". Same thing next day and the next. Ok, this is bullshit. Checked all the plugs, connections, wiring etc. Nothing wrong. "Taday"...(note australian accent)...pulled the spark plug to see if there was fire. Sho nuff.....spark. Plug looked kinda dry, though. Cleaned it off and put her back in. Never smelled gas once while trying to start her so removed all connections to the tank. Hm. "Both these Gasoleen lines can go to either spoot". Hm.....this line that lost gas is going to this fuel filter looking thing.....that's going to some small lines on the forward side of the injector......that's not the main manifold....hm. Let's try this the other way. Turned on the ignition...let the pump pressurize. She started within a second. :yahoo: One push on the starter. Oh....JOOOY.

Don't have the front fairing installed yet but I took her down the street and back. Still remember how to ride Me guesses. I probably would have remembered how to put her back together if I wasn't three sheets to the wind while I took her apart. Another lesson never to be learned. Oh well.....throw another shrimp on the barby. Bust......nevermind the "won't start" search, eh?

Good on ya 'dot! :clapping:

Don'tcha just hate it when that shit happens?

I was going to have to drink a ton :alcoholic: tonight just tryin' ta figure what the problem could be now I'll just stick to Vicodin and Oxy's, Thanks buddy :D

Bought the ROM anyway, figure If and when I ride again It'll come in handy for maitaining myron.

:jester:

I did have a tip over code and erased that today. I thought that was the original problem...either that or something else that wouldn't allow gas to the cylinders. Tanks again. If you are going to ease up on the booze, I'll just have to make up for you......

I did have a tip over code and erased that today. I thought that was the original problem...either that or something else that wouldn't allow gas to the cylinders. Tanks again. If you are going to ease up on the booze, I'll just have to make up for you......
Mighty kind of ya, Just got a new bottle of Macallan cask strength and a suppy of 18 yr old too.... I'll ship em overnight :rolleyes:

Let me know the cost.....will send cash for booze. Don't let the moonshiners know this, bust.