Front fender fell off in turn

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Dandy

Reaction score
Hey:

Anyone experience this? Driving home tonight, getting off the highway, (very windy - crosswinds) my bike starting to push left in a right hand turn. Then bump and noise, sure enough I look back, my front fender was in the middle of the road. Guess I got lucky that it didn't spit me & bike down in the middle of the off-camber turn, but I am extremely upset at dealer.

Bike has 130 miles (no jokes for not riding, weather and work not mixing), and this is after they went through the front end after delivery last month for loose steering stem bearings.

Dealer was closed when I got there, will see them tomorrow. Now I am nervous about what else is going to happen, and if I should let the dealer fix anything.

If the stealership gives me any lip tomorrow, taking bike home, and numerous calls to Yamaha, BBB, NYS DMV, attorney general & whomever else I can think of.

Nothing really bad happened, but the "what if" scares the hell out of me. If the bike went over, the dealer never would have believed that the front fender came off first causing the spill.

-Jimbo

That's not good at all but I'm glad you are OK. I'd make sure when I took it back to the "stealership" I'd have them check EVERYTHING over AGAIN! And I'd even watch. There was no need for that to happen.

Tom

Almost happened to me at about 300 miles. Heard an irregular noise from the front end, one missing, three loose bolts when I pulled over. Now I do a fastener check after washing the bike, which is seldom, but at least I'm confident big hunks of bike won't fall off.

Almost had that happen to me when i bought mine... BOTH screws were backed out and only held on with a couple threads.

While your at it, Check the sidebag locks and make sure they locktited the screws there also.