Unscrewing your bike nuts..

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes you are reading it correctly. 85 ft lbs. Check the orientation of your front ABS sensor while you're checking things out.

Very common problem. For some reason, lots of these make it out of the factory this way. They must tax torque wrenches too much in Japan or sumpin'. :dntknw:

Yes you are reading it correctly. 85 ft lbs. Check the orientation of your front ABS sensor while you're checking things out.
Cool. Thanks for the responses.

I'm going to bring it back to the dealer to get it tightened.. apparently finding something that fits that nut is rather difficult.

Thanks

I'm going to bring it back to the dealer to get it tightened.. apparently finding something that fits that nut is rather difficult.

Thanks

36mm or 1 7/16in sockets I believe. If that helps. Just did mine, only reason I know, guesstimating on in's & definite on metric!

Thanks

36mm or 1 7/16in sockets I believe. If that helps. Just did mine, only reason I know, guesstimating on in's & definite on metric!
scary enough.. i took it back, and they took apart the assembly and tightened both.. as both were loose.

It also seemed to get rid of the front end shake when braking.. that I had asked them about when I first got the bike and they said "thats the ABS" (While I was confused why the ABS would be doing anything during a normal brake.. I guess I figured they should know..

Isn't it amazing how much they don't know, and yet we let them work on our bikes...

Glad you found it could have been a problem down the road....

weekend rider :) :D

....scary enough.. i took it back, and they took apart the assembly and tightened both.. as both were loose.
It also seemed to get rid of the front end shake when braking.. that I had asked them about when I first got the bike and they said "thats the ABS" (While I was confused why the ABS would be doing anything during a normal brake.. I guess I figured they should know..
Anybody can make mistakes, but their explanation for the front-end shake calls for capital punishment. It probably came with a condescending look, too. :angry: Loose steering stem nut and locknuts are fairly common as they apparently don't get torqued when bikes are assembled at dealerships.

Another explanaton that takes the cake is "They all do that". Referring to assorted noises, wobbles and rattles. This expression replaces the older statement "We'll look into it", that many found was too submissive. Better leave the customer with the impression he knows dick about motorbikes. :rolleyes:

Stef