Post Tick Repair Peformance

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcsnclh

Reaction score
My 04 w/ABS just came back from the shop for the tick repair and I noticed a very distinct difference in torque (much less) in taking off from stops. I have to give it much more throttle and feather the clutch much more to take off now. I've put 1,000 miles + on it since the repair and it's still the same.

I bought the bike used and am wondering if the previous owner had done the Barbarian Jumper mod before I bought it, and then when in the shop for the "tick", perhaps the "system" (whatever that is!) could've been reset as part of the teardown and now I'm feeling what many descrice as a "lean " condition.

To be honest, I thought the bike always had gobs of torques at low rpm and was as smooth as silk from idle before the repair.

Possible? Likely? any other ideas?

Thanks

Clay

Just a thought,, although it could be many things here's one for you to consider,

it's a nasty one.

Cam timing..

Back to the shop!!

It's not the Barbarian Jumper mod. That doesn't add horsepower or torque, just improves throttle response.

Sound like the shop messes something up.

Last edited by a moderator: