Cee Bailey's 2+4 with a flip still not cutting it

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trinibob

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]ok I have suffered long enough when i got the 04 I said self I need a bigger bug killer out front and to entice the wife to let me keep the new ride a comm system while we rode was a must.[/SIZE]

But now after a few years and many up grades to the comms systems mics and vox system I am convinced that [SIZE=24pt] it’s not the comm! [/SIZE]

Riding home from the stn meet this weekend I was soooo tired of the music cutting out and the stiff back that I stood up put my head about 2 feet above the window and took the full air at 60 mph. and just strait wind in my face wow the comm worked perfect!!!!!

So I am convinced that the buffering noise that I get from the sides of the shield or top i don’t know for sure is the cause.

Now how do we fix this shore of going to a no shield option or a 6+8 with a flip????

Have you tried Skyway's windshield spacers?
They allow my +4 to tilt back enough I can get "clear air" in my face when its inthe lowest position, yet I can raise it enough to hide behind in inclement weather.

I still haven't found windshield nirvana. I'm trying an experiment with a CalSci. I may cut the CeeBailey to the CalSci profile (taper the sides so that the "C.B." is only 12"-13" wide at the top) to see if that eliminates the wind buffet.

What comm? Do you run a Skyway spacer kit with that screen?

Mine's an Autocomm w/ spacer kit and no issues, once I got the mic sensitivity dialed.

They allow my +4 to tilt back enough I can get "clear air" in my face when its inthe lowest position, yet I can raise it enough to hide behind in inclement weather.

I still haven't found windshield nirvana. I'm trying an experiment with a CalSci. I may cut the CeeBailey to the CalSci profile (taper the sides so that the "C.B." is only 12"-13" wide at the top) to see if that eliminates the wind buffet.
the autoboss system has 3 settings of mic adjustments and i have sent it back twice for beeing too easy to actavate.

i even taped the mic up with black tape shoved it up in the cheeck linner and still goes off in high speed riding like 70

but wife can still here me talk?

the autoboss system has 3 settings of mic adjustments and i have sent it back twice for beeing too easy to actavate.i even taped the mic up with black tape shoved it up in the cheeck linner and still goes off in high speed riding like 70

Yes, because the ambient noise in the microphone is keeping it keyed, so she can hear you but hers won't override the system so she can talk to you. This might be a good thing :unsure: .......until you stop. :dribble: :headbonk:

the autoboss system has 3 settings of mic adjustments and i have sent it back twice for beeing too easy to actavate.i even taped the mic up with black tape shoved it up in the cheeck linner and still goes off in high speed riding like 70

Yes, because the ambient noise in the microphone is keeping it keyed, so she can hear you but hers won't override the system so she can talk to you. This might be a good thing :unsure: .......until you stop. :dribble: :headbonk:
The boss works a bit different the mics are on all the time like a phone.

the settings 12&3 are for voice volume the mute of the music is automatic but is very sensitive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try using chin curtains on your helmets. It still wont be perfect but it should offer an improvement. My wife and I run with HJC chin curtains year round and it helps a lot,

This will fix it.

Shield-taped.jpg

Shield-straightcutter.jpg

Shield-finished.jpg

I might take the oem shield and cut that one and try it im open for anything that makes the comms work with music and wind!!!

thanks guys

I might take the oem shield and cut that one and try it im open for anything that makes the comms work with music and wind!!!thanks guys
If you look up my old thread on making the cutouts, you will find fairly explicit instructions on the process. But my cutouts were carefully tested and sized for the CB +4 with flip. The stock OEM shield is much smaller and would work best with a smaller size opening and perhaps even a different shape. Sorry, but I don't have an 05 anymore to test with.

You might PM LuvToRide and ask her to give you the exact measurements of the cutouts. She is the new owner of the coveted "cutout shield". Just FYI and IMO, the shape of the opening does matter. I did some brief experimenting with a round hole on a different shield and found that the turbulence on the air passing through the opening was much greater. I designed the openings to channel the air up and toward the middle, to avoid so much turbulence on the hands and grip areas. My cutouts will not get your hands wet in rain etc.

I studied a lot of bug splatter to tweak the design. :)

Good luck!

Jeff

I might take the oem shield and cut that one and try it im open for anything that makes the comms work with music and wind!!!thanks guys
If you look up my old thread on making the cutouts, you will find fairly explicit instructions on the process. But my cutouts were carefully tested and sized for the CB +4 with flip. The stock OEM shield is much smaller and would work best with a smaller size opening and perhaps even a different shape. Sorry, but I don't have an 05 anymore to test with.

You might PM LuvToRide and ask her to give you the exact measurements of the cutouts. She is the new owner of the coveted "cutout shield". Just FYI and IMO, the shape of the opening does matter. I did some brief experimenting with a round hole on a different shield and found that the turbulence on the air passing through the opening was much greater. I designed the openings to channel the air up and toward the middle, to avoid so much turbulence on the hands and grip areas. My cutouts will not get your hands wet in rain etc.

I studied a lot of bug splatter to tweak the design. :)

Good luck!

Jeff
will do thanks

Bob you could try one of these not sure if it will work with a flip though.

I have one on a 2in tall yamaha screen and it seems to work ok.

Richard

Just come ride my CB +4+1 and see how that helps.

I was either going to cut a hole in my CB a la CalSci, or buy a CalSci windshield to see if that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
JA will glady you buy you a replacement shield if it doesn't work! :lol:

try a mic sock if you can or maybe you just need a different type of comm system on this bike or you could see if any one has a larger barn door for you to try prior to cutting, you can never undo cutting with out expense! :)