Error Codes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tontofjr

Reaction score
Hi am hoping someone here knows what error SH53 is a fellow rider has it on his new AE

I am not up on the codes for the new models

:dribble:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi am hoping someone here knows what error SH53 is a fellow rider has it on his new AE

If you are from a non-USA area and your friends bike has an immobilizer -- it ain't working. If your friends bike has an immobilizer let us know so we can supply details.

If you are from a non-USA area and your friends bike has an immobilizer -- it ain't working. If your friends bike has an immobilizer let us know so we can supply details.
It is a UK bike so will have an immobiliser so any info is helpful as he cant start the damn thing :dribble:

So where is his key or module that should take care of that?

I would have him get iwth the dealer

sorry not more help......

Time for your friend to use his warranty.

This is what the FSM has to say about err code 53:

Codes cannot be transmitted between the ECU and the immobilizer unit

Noise interference or disconnected lead/cable.

1. interference due to radio wave noise

2. Disconnected communication harness.

3. immobilizer unit malfunction

4. ECU malfunction

1. Check the wire harness and connector

2. Replace the main switch/immobilizer unit.

3. Replace the ECU.

There is the prospect that a too tight harness bundle at the ignition switch may have pulled out a wire used by the immobilizer. In any case he wants to have his error code documented by the dealer while under warranty.

Latest posts