Both tail lights out on my '03. A real puzzle.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Morrow

Reaction score
One of my tail lights went dark so I changed the bulb but got no light. Shortly thereafter, the other one went out. I changed that bulb and no light there either.

The fuse is ok. There is power at the fuse location.

Anyone know if there is a connector along the harness between the fuse and the light that may have wiggled loose ?

test the sockets see if you ave power at them. maybe bad bulbs or check another fuse, I think they could be mis labeled where the little tape marker is....that marks as tail..

Also try turn signals and horn....

hope that helps

I had that happen at WFO 3 in Moscow. I replaced them and had no lights. They are fitted in the socket and it must be installed and twisted in correctly. Somebody at the meet checked them and just reinstalled them and they went on. You can twist them in and they do not ground and make contact. Check them again.

One of my tail lights went dark so I changed the bulb but got no light. Shortly thereafter, the other one went out. I changed that bulb and no light there either.
The fuse is ok. There is power at the fuse location.

Anyone know if there is a connector along the harness between the fuse and the light that may have wiggled loose ?
D.M.

PM me with your email address and I'll send you a .pdf of the wiring schematic for the '03.

Here is Yamaha number out of there service manual for an 05

12v5w21wx2 I think it is an 1157 fits Ford truck light or if that does not work it might be chevy's bulb 1156 any parts store dhould have

weekend rider :) :D