Stumbling problem solved.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greg97224

Reaction score
I just had a PCIII installed on my 07, along with a G2 throttle tube. The bike runs great. The shop where I took the bike installed the PC then put the bike on the dyno and tweeked it until they got it running just right. I took the bike out two days ago on the same ride I was having such problems before, no more stumbling. Too bad I had to put almost $700 into it to make it work right.

I think the bottom line is, as probably everyone else is aware of, that in order to meet 08 emissions control, Yamaha has set up the bike to run like shit. I don't think I would want to buy an 08.

By the way, the dyno numbers were 121 HP, and 88 on torque.

By the way, the dyno numbers were 121 HP, and 88 on torque.
Figures will differ on different dynos but they are down when you compare them with Yamaha's figures.

All manufacturers tend to quote power figures on the high side, looks good and helps sales.

(which we measured at 122.5 hp @ 7000 rpm and 87.8 lb-ft at 5800 revs), close to your figures.

Yamaha figures.

(145 hp @ 8000 rpm and 99 ft.-lbs. of torque @ 7000 rpm, respectively)

You would think with a Power Commander fitted you could get the yamaha figures of power, providing of course that the yamaha figures are correct :rolleyes:

Factory numbers are at the crankshaft and the dyno numbers are at the rear wheel. There is the diff. :clapping:

Sounds like you got ripped off! I only paid $265 for the pciii and $60 something for the g2. Add two hours of free labor and a $18 Cigar. The total came to $340 something.

Sounds like you got ripped off! I only paid $265 for the pciii and $60 something for the g2. Add two hours of free labor and a $18 Cigar. The total came to $340 something.
The rest of it was for time on the dyno, to get it dialed in properly, I think it was worth the money.

The rest of it was for time on the dyno, to get it dialed in properly, I think it was worth the money.
>"I think it was worth the money."<

I'd have to agree, since the "stock" PC mapping didn't quite eliminate the problem totally. At least not at Rocky Mountain type elevations. I'd be curious as to what your mapping ended up at after "tweeking".

Latest posts