High Ground Wanton Promenade

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spklbuk

Reaction score
In spite of the hell I'm going to catch on another thread, I did some more scouting today. Hot damn, what a route!! Lewisburg to Nettie to Webster Springs to Buckhannon to Elkins to Bartow to Monterey to Warm Springs to Covington and back to Lewisburg. This route is a plentiful mix of sweepers and twisties and straights - it is scenic, not the most technical and is surely plain fun cause there is always something happening ridewise.

Here's a bit of it; the rest you'll just have to come and ride for yourself.....

Dsc00788.jpg

Gauley River near Craigsville, WV

Dsc00793.jpg

Along the access road to Holly River State Park

Dsc00802.jpg

C. J. Maggie's Restaurant in Buckhannon, WV

then I got into ridin' a bit and forgot to get any pics near Elkins or across Cheat Mtn

Dsc00804.jpg

Crossing into VA

Dsc00807.jpg

Down the valley just before you get to Monterey

Dsc00814.jpg

ladies pool at Jefferson Pools, Warm Springs

Dsc00813.jpg

in the interest of equal opportunity, the mens pool

Dsc00818.jpg

Eagle Nest Restaurant, Crows

Dsc00822.jpg

Dsc00821.jpg

Big Blu had a very successful day of bug zapping!

Ooh, Eagles Nest... that's the restaurant that we passed on 311, right? PURDY! So, looks like you either rode 39 or 220 today, also. You head thru Goshen Pass?

Thanks for even more gorgeous pics. Looking forward to scouting again soon. No words past valve check/adjust from the dealer as of yet.

You bad bad boy, skipping a ride on us.

But glad you had a good day today. Nice pic's

I've been on most of those rodes and your

right, nice ride not too hard just interesting.

Chuck

Thanks for the pics. I am really looking forward to the tour. I went fishing in the Cheat Mts. about 25 years ago with a buddy I just reconnected with last month. I hope to drop by and see him in Morgantown sometime during the ride.

B)

Sweet! I've been to Buckhannon many a times as my father grew up there. In fact, I dined at Maggies last year (and the food was surprisingly good).

If you take rt 20 south of town, then Tallmansville road south at the Middle School intersection, you'll find some especially tight and scenic roads for about an hour. Old Rt 33 ends on this road, so you can get back to civilization (ie 119/main Rt 33 just W. of Elkins) without double backing. That piece of Old 33 is quite enjoyable as well.

Thanks again for sharing the pics, Jim

Ooh, Eagles Nest... that's the restaurant that we passed on 311, right? PURDY! So, looks like you either rode 39 or 220 today, also. Looking forward to scouting again soon.
Yep, eagle nest on 311 and it is more than just a pretty face - grub extraordinary. Scouted entire route - 20N, 33E, 250E, 220S, I-64 home (except I cheated and didn't really ride 33, did the byway, and came home from Covington via 311 Crows to get the pic). Better get in high gear, official scouting to be finished this coming weekend - then rides just for the halibut.

You bad bad boy, skipping a ride on us. nice ride not too hard just interesting.
:sorry: at least it was for a good cause! Interesting, yep, always something going on with the bike and lots to see and do, that was the idea on the one. Not to worry we got technical too :thumbsupsmiley:

Thanks for the pics. a buddy I just reconnected with last month. I hope to drop by and see him in Morgantown sometime during the ride.
Yer welcome, my pleasure. I hope you get a chance to see your bud. See you in Sept!

and the food was surprisingly good. Tallmansville road south at the Middle School intersection, you'll find some especially tight and scenic roads for about an hour. Old Rt 33 ends on this road, so you can get back to civilization (ie 119/main Rt 33 just W. of Elkins) without double backing. That piece of Old 33 is quite enjoyable as well.
Suprisingly??Southern mammas (and most us papas) knows how to cook! Will give Tallmansville at try, know exactly where the turn off is. did old 33 yesterday to where they force you to get back on slab. then jumped off at 92 on into Elkins. You ever ride thru from Frenchton to Mill Creek via Helvetia? - dual sporting on the feejer!

and the food was surprisingly good. Tallmansville road south at the Middle School intersection, you'll find some especially tight and scenic roads for about an hour. Old Rt 33 ends on this road, so you can get back to civilization (ie 119/main Rt 33 just W. of Elkins) without double backing. That piece of Old 33 is quite enjoyable as well.
Suprisingly??Southern mammas (and most us papas) knows how to cook! Will give Tallmansville at try, know exactly where the turn off is. did old 33 yesterday to where they force you to get back on slab. then jumped off at 92 on into Elkins. You ever ride thru from Frenchton to Mill Creek via Helvetia? - dual sporting on the feejer!
Yes, as there has not been a decent restaurant in this town in the 35 odd years I've been going there! The best place in town was one of those "Western Sizzlin'" before Maggies.

Helvetia..yes I've ridden there! On a dirt bike. I believe the closest marked road to my property is called Hemlock Ridge Road. If you look at a map, the gap between Rt 32, Hemlock ridge, and Panther Fork is pretty much yamaholic country.