Fjr1300 Paint Color Codes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRocket

Doctor Throckenstein !!!
Reaction score
Would someone who knows the color codes/blends that work for the FJR's please post them here.

BTW, I tried to us Colorrite's "variant" to match a chip in my '04 without success. Hopefully someone has had better success with the Cerulean Silver matching.

B) Here's the formula for Cerulean Silver using PPG Deltron BC/CC:

[SIZE=14pt]Paint Code, Color, Parts [/SIZE]

=======, ===========,=====

DMD1687, MED. ALUM., 116.5

DMD1683, BLACK, 27.1

DMD1682, COARSE ALUM., 27.6

DMD614, BLUE, 17.4

DMD624, VIOLET, 7.2

DMD646, WK WHITE, 3.8

DMD1607, BLUE, 2.5

DBX1689, CLEAR, 48.0

The match is very close.

For '03: (PPG)Deltron 2000, DBC37637 "Silbersee" from a computer matching device and seems quite correct.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's another Galaxy Blue color match. I have not used it (can't find it in this town :angry: ), but it turned up in a search of this site.

Duplicolor TY01612 Toyota Stellar Blue Metallic (8L7)

I can attest to the Duplicolor's Galaxy Blue match. That stock number is for the touch-up bottle. It's available at your local Autozone for about $5.

toyota 8L7

IMHO colorite is crap for real coverage color match ,,

it might be ok for small scratch cover

Time to repaint my saddlebag :(

The consensus appears to be Duplicolor TY01612 Toyota Stellar Blue Metallic (8L7) for TOUCH-UPs but has anyone spray-painted a large area with this stuff?

I used the Duplicolor on a few scratches as shown in the photo but it doesn't appear to be the right color to use on an entire saddlebag. It's fine on small scratches but it's darker than stock and doesn't appear to have the metal-flake look.

I'm planning to take the bag to a professional painter and have him sand it down and repaint it with a spray gun but I wanted to bring him the right paint. I was just wondering if anyone has had this done successfully and if so which paint did you use?

IMGP1063a.jpg

You might try this before you bring it to a pro. Wet sand the bag using 360 or 400 wet-or-dry sandpaper lightly just to knock off the shine. On those scratches where you filled in with touchup paint, use a soft block with the sandpaper. The key is that you only want to get the surface flat and you do not want to sand any more than you have to. Now, when the surface is flat, wipe it down with a clean rag and naptha. A stronger solvent may make a mess. Now get a touch up spray can of the Toyota color and spray a couple of light coats into the scratches. Wet sand off the overspray and try and get the color of the scratches as close to the original blue as you can. Once it is close, get a can of clear spray acrylic enamel and spray the area of the scratches to try and fill them in to the level of the original cover. Don't forget to mask off the rubber logo strip. Wet sand occasionally. Once the scratches are filled, spray the whole cover with clear. This could save you $100 or more. Good luck.

You might try this before you bring it to a pro.  Wet sand the bag using 360 or 400 wet-or-dry sandpaper lightly just to knock off the shine.  On those scratches where you filled in with touchup paint, use a soft block with the sandpaper.  The key is that you only want to get the surface flat and you do not want to sand any more than you have to.  Now, when the surface is flat, wipe it down with a clean rag and naptha.  A stronger solvent may make a mess.  Now get a touch up spray can of the Toyota color and spray a couple of light coats into the scratches.  Wet sand off the overspray and try and get the color of the scratches as close to the original blue as you can.  Once it is close, get a can of clear spray acrylic enamel and spray the area of the scratches to try and fill them in to the level of the original cover.  Don't forget to mask off the rubber logo strip.  Wet sand occasionally.  Once the scratches are filled, spray the whole cover with clear.  This could save you $100 or more.  Good luck.
I'll give this a try and post a new pic either showing how well I did or how badly I screwed it up...Thanks Garauld

You might try this before you bring it to a pro.  Wet sand the bag using 360 or 400 wet-or-dry sandpaper lightly just to knock off the shine.  On those scratches where you filled in with touchup paint, use a soft block with the sandpaper.  The key is that you only want to get the surface flat and you do not want to sand any more than you have to.  Now, when the surface is flat, wipe it down with a clean rag and naptha.  A stronger solvent may make a mess.  Now get a touch up spray can of the Toyota color and spray a couple of light coats into the scratches.  Wet sand off the overspray and try and get the color of the scratches as close to the original blue as you can.  Once it is close, get a can of clear spray acrylic enamel and spray the area of the scratches to try and fill them in to the level of the original cover.  Don't forget to mask off the rubber logo strip.  Wet sand occasionally.  Once the scratches are filled, spray the whole cover with clear.  This could save you $100 or more.  Good luck.
I'll give this a try and post a new pic either showing how well I did or how badly I screwed it up...Thanks Garauld
Well Garaud I chickened out and went and had the bags professionally painted and the results came out great. The only hint that the bags were scraped shows on the rubber bumpers in the middle of the bags. I chose not to replace those. Otherwise I'm pretty happy with the results... :D

cIMG_0519.jpg

cIMG_0512.jpg

Hi SoCalMike - they look nice. So, do you wish to share with us how much it cost to have them fixed up? ;) Also, can you get the color recipe from the paint shop and post it here?

I blue pinstripes on the seat look great on the '05.      B)
Canadian FJR
Thanks! I've been pretty happy with the Sargent seat so far but I never gave the stock seat a chance. I switched to the Sargent as soon as I got the bike because my wife wanted a backrest (of course she's never ridden on the bike the 9 months I've had it <_< ).

Hi SoCalMike - they look nice.  So, do you wish to share with us how much it cost to have them fixed up?   ;)    Also, can you get the color recipe from the paint shop and post it here?
HERE'S the contact info for the guy that did the work. I don't think he'll mind my posting that his price was $250 per bag. He was recommended by every motorcycle shop in town (I checked with about 4 different dealerships). He (Brad) did a great job. They really did look like new. As far as color code IIRC he ordered the paint direct from Yamaha...

He had side bags for two 05 FJRs and an 04 sitting in his shop so I was confident he had the right paint...

Wondering how well the Shad Blue color for their topbox matches the 2005 FJR Galaxy Blue. Anyone have any knowledge?

Good question. I bet a few proudly purply blue 05 owners will be along to help you out with that one.

Btw, do you know Steve? He's proudly from your neck of the woods...