Calgary and other stops along the way

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent

Who said FJR's don't do dirt?
Reaction score
Sometime in the next month or so I'm planning on leaving San Jose and heading up the coast to Seattle to visit some family and friends. From there, I'm planning on heading into Canada and heading to Calgary AB to hook up with another friend. South down to Yellowstone, farther south to Grand Canyon, west to Las Vegas, then back to San Jose.

Trip distance will be about 4k miles over the course of 10 days. I'm planning on moto camping the trip, or staying with family/friends, and restraunt eats (1 burner hiking stove for morning coffee B) ). Google does a decent job of route planning, but can't really save anything and have to add way to many stops to force some of the roads I want to hit. Anyone have a decent rout planner sugestion for the navagationally challenged? I'll be running my 2D navigational system on the trip (read: paper maps).

Also taking sugestions for sites on the way. Definatly want to hit the big redwoods, and see the Spruce Goose in OR.

Thankie

Defintly added as a 'gotta see' B) Adding Jasper only adds mybe 200 miles and alot of views. Thanks :)

Looks like I'll be headed up to Calgary the last 2 weeks of Aug. I figgure I'll hit Calgary around the 22 or 23. I have opted to go for 2 weeks instead of just one so I can hit some places along the way. So far, I've added the Spruce Goose, Jasper and Glacier National Park.

Any other "must see" places? Worlds largest ball of twine? Largest cast iron skillet?

bump.gif

4.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
um............hockey season ain't started yet unless you wanna see the calgary flames get beat in practice.

.hockey season ain't started yet unless you wanna see the calgary flames get beat in practice.

Hey Hoser, They'd beat your skinny little ass into oblivion.... :yahoo:

Drop me a pm when your headed this way, Maybe we can hook up for a ride..

Latest posts