Still mulling over attending

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

.paul

Reaction score
I told my brother that I was thinking of attending EOM and he said it sounded cool and maybe wants to attend. My question is this: is EOM limited only to FJR owners? He's set on getting a new concourse 14, are there rules against bringing a different bike?

No sir, There were a few non-fjr's last year! Just let him know not to get upset because he can't keep up!! :D

JW

Just kidding of course, On a serious note other bikes are certainly welcome. Last year there was a couple beemers and a wing that I remember.

JW

I think that I remember a Honda Shadow... or something cruiser-ish being present last year.

So, your brother is very, very welcome to attend. Come one, come all. Tell him not to be surprised when people ask him to test ride his new bike. I'd sure like to!

I just ask that he register within the website like I've asked all others to do.

When it comes down to it, I need an accurate # of attendees to be sure that we are allowed a large enough conference room.

Heidi

lol I dunno about demo rides, as he will have just bought the bike, but its good to know nonetheless. :p

I want to go it seems like a really cool trip - and I'd feel like a sissy if we have members riding down from as far away as Maine and Ontario and I live two hours or so away. I'd better start reading up!

Just kidding of course, On a serious note other bikes are certainly welcome. Last year there was a couple beemers and a wing that I remember.
JW

Yeah, there were. Just don't ask what happened to the 'Wing mid-day saturday... :unsure:

JW

Yeah, there were. Just don't ask what happened to the 'Wing mid-day saturday... :unsure:

?????????? What happened to the Wing mid day Saturday? Inquiring minds want to know.
That would have been one of my friends with the Wing. He ended up dumping it and broke a few parts off of it. He was sore, but, he got back on an rode it back to the hotel. He said he was checking what was going on behind him, in his mirror, and we had to make a quick stop as someone stopped to make a left turn in front of us. Next thing he was on his side and sliding down the road. Got to be careful out there. :unsure:

I think that I remember a Honda Shadow... or something cruiser-ish being present last year.
So, your brother is very, very welcome to attend. Come one, come all. Tell him not to be surprised when people ask him to test ride his new bike. I'd sure like to!

I just ask that he register within the website like I've asked all others to do.

When it comes down to it, I need an accurate # of attendees to be sure that we are allowed a large enough conference room.

Heidi
That was actually a VTX 1800 that my friend brought down and I have to say he was able to keep with us through the hardest twisties, even though he did grind his pegs alot more then we did. He's planning on a return trip this year, so tell your brother to bring down the C-14. He'll get a lot of attention from this crowd!

Oh Great, We already have a Beemer GT listed and Now a Connie. Whats next an St 1300 then a Norge? :ph34r:

Man, you let ONE in and the Hood goes to crap!

:p :p :p

JW

?????????? What happened to the Wing mid day Saturday? Inquiring minds want to know.
That would have been one of my friends with the Wing. He ended up dumping it and broke a few parts off of it. He was sore, but, he got back on an rode it back to the hotel. He said he was checking what was going on behind him, in his mirror, and we had to make a quick stop as someone stopped to make a left turn in front of us. Next thing he was on his side and sliding down the road. Got to be careful out there. :unsure:
That guy sure was lucky as hell! What did he have on.. boat shoes w/o socks? I am surprised that he didn't grind the skin on his ankles off... or worse. If I remember correctly, he was pinned under the bike.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was at least one Warrior at EOM last year, and a Triumph. We made those guys park behind the shrubbery so nobody could see them.