Question about seats

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burninrice

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Yamaha "Ergonomic" seat with p/n ABA-5JW21-10-00 on the website is just an older version of the Corbin Canyon Dual Sport? I'm 6-3", 250 lbs and looking for a reasonable stop-gap to get me through until winter so I can get a custom saddle made. Was considering the Sargent or Corbin. The main thing I'm looking for is mobility so I can get away from the tank and move around a bit. Any input would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if the Yamaha "Ergonomic" seat with p/n ABA-5JW21-10-00 on the website is just an older version of the Corbin Canyon Dual Sport? I'm 6-3", 250 lbs and looking for a reasonable stop-gap to get me through until winter so I can get a custom saddle made. Was considering the Sargent or Corbin. The main thing I'm looking for is mobility so I can get away from the tank and move around a bit. Any input would be appreciated.
Yamaha used to sell seats by Corbin under their own name. That doesn't appear to be the case any more, however. That said, the seat you are refering to may well be a Corbin, maybe older stock since Yamaha and Corbin were still speaking when your bike was made.

I doubt the the 06/07 Yamaha Comfort seat is a Corbin, it is firm but there is very little shape to it. I found it slightly more comfortable than the stock (still not good). You will have better mobility with the comfort seat, it seemed smoother and easier to move around on, although it's still uncomfortable for me beyond a half hour. I just put on a Sargent Saturday and it is very comfortable, fits my ass nice no pressure points on my tailbone.

Just recieved my "Yamaha Ergonomic Seat" last week. The box and the plastic bag that it came in had "Corbin" printed all over them. The only difference

that I can see between the Yamaha version and the Corbin version is the little flap that covers the slot for the passenger back rest. The Yamaha version

says Yamaha on the little flap, whereas the Corbin says corbin on the flap.

Another big difference is that Corbin gets $499 while I got mine from University Motors for $323. Nice seat!

Bananas!

I just got one from ridenow.com for $238 shipped. Packaging says Corbin.

It's much better than the stock seat on my '05.

It moves you back off the tank a bit.

Drawback is you lose room on rear seat.

The Yamaha seats for the Gen I FJR is a Canyon Dual Sport by Corbin. The Gen II seats are now made by a company called High End Saddles. They make the "Comfort Cruise" seats for the Star cruisers as well as various other makes.

The Gen II seat is firm with a gel pad uder the cover. It is considerably better than the OEM saddle especially for the price.

I had one of the new Corbin saddles on my current bike, then switched to the comfort saddle and I am still switching back and forth to determine which I like better.

Tony