Y.E.S. 48 Mo. Plan

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tilly

Reaction score
I just wanted to let everyone know D & H Cycles is still making the best deal when it comes to the 48 month Yamaha Extended Service plan. Many of you on this board already know this, but I wanted to post for those that may not. Yamaha sent me a letter telling me my factory waranty is about to expire, and to send $768 for 48 month additional coverage. I shopped around, but NOBODY could come close to what D & H charges, $389. No wonder they are the number one Y.E.S. seller in the entire U.S.A. Give them a call on their toll free number 888 553-3311. I talked with Jerol who was the nicest guy I've spoke with in a long time. A real southern gentleman. I highly recommend you consider them if you want the Y.E.S. plan.

Thanks Tilly. I just got online here with the specific intent of getting the info about D&H for the YES plan. You made it quick and easy :)

Was wondering if anyone like myself had bought a used FJR with the warranty expired over a year or so. The bike has 3500 miles on it and is perfect and does anyone know if I can still get a extended warranty on it or am I out of luck. It is a 03 I have had for about three months. I live in northern calif.

Has anyone purchased extended warranties other than the Yahama YES plans?
Yes. There have been a few. Generally, most think it is a bad idea to purchase an extended warranty other than Yamaha's Y.E.S.. How good a company is it? How much will they resist, or fight you, when you make a claim? Can you use it at any Yamaha dealership across the country? Or just at the purchasing dealership? All poignant questions to consider.

Yes. There have been a few. Generally, most think it is a bad idea to purchase an extended warranty other than Yamaha's Y.E.S.. How good a company is it? How much will they resist, or fight you, when you make a claim? Can you use it at any Yamaha dealership across the country? Or just at the purchasing dealership? All poignant questions to consider.
Hmm. I have an extended warranty through Western Service Corp. and they are an affiliate of McGraw, I also have until the 21st to cancel with a full refund. Anyone ever heard of them? My dealer, Fun Bike Center, recommended them over the YES plan but I'm getting a bad feeling about it.

Both plans would cover me for 60 months, unlimited miles and have zero deductibles. I'm thinking I should cancel and pick up the YES plan.

Any opinions?

Has anyone purchased extended warranties other than the Yahama YES plans?
I wouldn't recommend it. Dealerships use them because the profit is higher. The trick is that many times those 3rd party insurance companies fail and the extended warranty is useless (happened to me once). Another issue is that no one other than the selling dealer is obligated to honor a 3rd party extended warranty. With the YES contract, all Yamaha dealerships have to honor it as part of their franchise' even if you're out on the road (sport)TOURING.

Western is used by even auto dealerships. The profit margin is higher - plain and simple. I'd dump it, get my money back and get the Y.E.S. through D&H for $389 for a 48 month contract. You know Yamaha will honor it. But then, that's me and you're you. Your comfort level may be different than mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just waiting to pay off the 6 month/0% interest deal with Yamaha and then I'll get the Y.E.S. all signed up from D&H. :cownoy:

But then, that's me and you're you. Your comfort level may be different than mine.
Not that different at all. I cancelled my 3rd party warranty and I'm going to call D&H when they open tomorrow.

[SIZE=8pt]I talked to a service manager at a northern California Yamaha shop who blasted Western contracts. He said the shop had problems with them, and finally quit honoring them, and stopped selling them too.[/SIZE]

Sounds like a vote for the factory gig !

D & H is the ticket, they faxed me over the form and I just sent it out in the mail with the check for $389.

Thanks for the tip Tilly.

I had a 3rd party contract thru my dealership when I had my Honda VFR800. The dealer went under new ownership a year later. I found out that the extended warranty was no longer valid under the new ownership.

When I bought the FJR, the dealer convinced me to go with their 3rd party warranty. Warranty coverage was provided through their designated network of dealerships. It was then cheaper than Yamaha's. The added incentive was that if no claims were filed during the 4 year duration, I can get a full refund on the contract after it expires. The catch is that the refund request needed to be made within 30 days of the expiration date.

Well, after about 3 months, I found out about the great D&H pricing. I tried to cancel the original contact but was told that there will be penalty fees incurred for early cancellation.

To date, I'm currently carrying two contracts. The dealer's and Yamaha's. Any warranty services needed will be directed towards the Y.E.S. plan. I plan on getting my refund from the 3rd party contract when it expires. <_<

I had to post an update. I already received my YES package from Yamaha and D&H Cycle hasn't even cashed the check. That was an 8-day turn around.

That was amazing customer service.

Anyone know of another dealer that will do a price on the YES plan similar to the D&H deal? They are closed on Mondays and my warranty expires on the 12th. Yes, I am a world class procrastinator. I have always blown off warranty plans in the past, but sonds like the FJR may benefit in terms of resale mostly. Sure would like to save about $300.00 on this. Thanks...

-Desperate Procrastinator

Anyone know of another dealer that will do a price on the YES plan similar to the D&H deal?  They are closed on Mondays and my warranty expires on the 12th.  Yes, I am a world class procrastinator.  I have always blown off warranty plans in the past, but sonds like the FJR may benefit in terms of resale mostly.  Sure would like to save about $300.00 on this.  Thanks...
-Desperate Procrastinator
Renaa @ D&H is great. My warranty expired 9/18 and she got me set up for the 48-month Y.E.S. when I called on 9/16, and the paperwork arrived last week. There's still hope if you don't find anybody open today.

Why don't you just FEDEX D&H a check for 389 and call them in the morning to warn them it's coming. I think they can get you in the system that quick.