Thanks Radman!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Gordo

Reaction score
Your post about 'Frank" having a vibration and discovering a loose sparkplug cap put me on the right track with my bike. I had a simular vibration and a not consistant miss. I took all the caps off, cut the wires back about 1/4" and put them back together with dielectric grease. Vola! Much smoother (4500-4700 rpm) and miss is gone. Pretty sure it was #4 acting up.

Good deal. Only took a month for this master technician to find this complicated, elusive issue.... :glare: Chrysler used to have a "tech race" for vocational students, they'd disable a dozen cars, all the same problem, and time the students as they discovered and corrected the problems. My group would still be trying to figure out what the big thing lying by the side of that 89 Omni was.......... :glare:

8valve.jpg

Judging by the turboenboostulator, the Omni was a GLH (Goes Like Hell).

I've also fought the rogue spark problem fairly recently, and it was not an obvious problem to find. Glad that your experience is helping others!

Judging by the turboenboostulator, the Omni was a GLH (Goes Like Hell).
I've also fought the rogue spark problem fairly recently, and it was not an obvious problem to find. Glad that your experience is helping others!
Otherwise known as the Torque Steer Special. Wanna go right? Punch it........ :p

Chrysler used to have a "tech race" for vocational students, they'd disable a dozen cars, all the same problem, and time the students as they discovered and corrected the problems. My group would still be trying to figure out what the big thing lying by the side of that 89 Omni was.......... :glare:
8valve.jpg
Cool Rad. That sounds like the same competition we had. Called the Plymoth Trouble Shooting Contest in the early 70's. Plymoth Valiant's with slant 6's sitting on a football field were disabled and the first team to diagnois and fix the problems, start the car, and drive the car one lap around the track wins. It was funny watching some of the cars quit while taking the lap and the team jump out and try and do the fix while other teams went driving by. El Gordo, you did good thanks to the Radman....PM. <>< :D

Last edited by a moderator: