flat spot

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitey2112

Reaction score
i have a 2007 fjr. i've noticed lately that it feels to me to have a bit of a flat spot between 2500-3000 rpm. i have roughly 1800 miles , and i'm wondering if any one else has this same type thing, i'm thinking possibly throttle body sync? if so what type sync tool would work? any help?

The motion pro mercury gauge works well as does the CarbTune brand which doesn't contain mercury.

You don't have your location in your info so I don't know where you are.

Lots of forum members have the tools are would be happy to walk you through the process.

-MD

Just did the sync on my 07' over the weekend used the Motion Pro "SyncPro" and it worked great. I didn't have my service manual (on order) but I did you the instructions from FJR1300.info. Here is the link:

https://www.fjr1300.info/howto/efi-sync.html

The pictures were helpful. One thing you will have to deal with is the heat shield. You will have to remove the T-Bar and then disconnect the fuel sensor leads from the tank before you pull the sheild. Once you have it removed, the rest is pretty easy. They do give you a hint about the safety wire and the retaining clips for the port covers. Use it, I lost one while replacing them. The bike is running great. Good Luck.