Hyperlites Problem

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stergios

Reaction score
Hi all:

The first owner of my 2006 FJR had hyperlites installed by a dealer in June 2006.

Everything has been working great.

Today, while my hazards were on (I check the lights every month or so), I noticed that one row of the yellow LEDs does not come on.

I have the 16 LED version (8 red, 8 yellow in 2 pair of 4).

Has anyone encountered this problem before? I looked briefly at how it was wired and it looks okay. I am going to take a look at the whole scheme tomorrow. What might cause only 1 column not to work?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

While I don't have the hyperlites on my FJR (yet) I do have them on my ZX-11 8 red each side, two rows of 4, and one row of (4) on one side doesn't work anymore (can't remember which side).

I don't know what their warranty is, but mine are 3-4 years old?

If'n I was you, I'd call them and see if they'd swap them out. Hopefully the dealer didn't do a hack job on the install. Should be pretty easy to add/remove them.

-MD

Gunny on calling them. Mine went on in Feb., 2003, and continue to work fine. But mine are the blinking/solid brake light kind (shown here. I don't know if they're the same models as yours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do all of your hazard still work on your bike? If so could be a lot of things. Here are some things to check check your grounding wire, check for loose connection, hook directly to a hot wire and check lights by themself if they work you most likely have a bad connection or ground. easy fix

Thanks folks.

I have an email into the hyperlites tech team and will call them after the holiday.

I will check all the connections in the next couple of days.

While they are only about a year old, it could just be a bad set.

All the hazards work perfectly. No issue at all with the stock lights.

If anyone has any other ideas, please let me know.

Ride safe. Be well.

Steve

Just hook your lites directly to hot wire lights either come on or do not work Than wire in unit that flashes the lites they reither work or not. If they work both parts are good, if those lights that did not work before do not come on than you have a bad sender unit , ie: the one you just hooked up .

On d c wiring for bikes the problem found most is bad ground, if all the lite compoments are in good working order.

Keep it simple when touble shooting or it will cost you big $$$$$$$$$

Just hook your lites directly to hot wire lights either come on or do not work Than wire in unit that flashes the lites they reither work or not. If they work both parts are good, if those lights that did not work before do not come on than you have a bad sender unit , ie: the one you just hooked up .
On d c wiring for bikes the problem found most is bad ground, if all the lite compoments are in good working order.

Keep it simple when touble shooting or it will cost you big $$$$$$$$$
Had a problem with my set of hyperlites. One side was fine and the other side had only half of the LED's working. Called them and they shipped me another set in a couple of days. Give them a call and they'll take care of you.

g

Had a problem with my set of hyperlites. One side was fine and the other side had only half of the LED's working. Called them and they shipped me another set in a couple of days. Give them a call and they'll take care of you.
g
Called the folks over at hyperlites. Gave them all the information about my problem.

Extremely knowledgeable about their product.

They are going to send my a replacement and all I have to do is send them back the old unit. And when I

said I would not be able to get it back to them for about a month, not a problem.

They also said they would be willing to work with me over the phone if I have a problem with the installation.

Highly recommended.

Cheers,

Steve

If a full string of lights are out (parking, brake, or turn), I'd be willing to bet you just have a bad connection. LED's typically last and long, long time before going south. I have Hyperlights on 3 of my bikes (3-way type). They are great and the company really stands behind their product.