Cassoday, KS meet Sunday, 9/2

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MKO

Reaction score
Bikes from all over the central region converge on Cassoday in central Kansas the first Sunday of the month, April through October. Today's meet promises to be huge given the perfect weather forecast. Hope to see fellow Feejer pilots there. I'll have my camera.

Bikes from all over the central region converge on Cassoday in central Kansas the first Sunday of the month, April through October. Today's meet promises to be huge given the perfect weather forecast. Hope to see fellow Feejer pilots there. I'll have my camera.
I was there-just got back. Saw an '03 & an '05 FJR, in addition to my '04. LOT'S of bikes, I stopped counting @1000 (brought a click counter from work :) . As usual, mostly Harleys, but also a very wide range from Urals to 'Busas, as well as several scooters. I left around 10:30 & saw 2-300 heading south on 177 in groups on the way home.

I was there-just got back. Saw an '03 & an '05 FJR, in addition to my '04. LOT'S of bikes, I stopped counting @1000 (brought a click counter from work :) . As usual, mostly Harleys, but also a very wide range from Urals to 'Busas, as well as several scooters. I left around 10:30 & saw 2-300 heading south on 177 in groups on the way home.
We got there about 9:15 AM and stayed for about an hour. I was on my blue 06 parked right by the fork of Main St and 177 on the south side of town. Beautiful ride today. I'd have to guess there were a couple thousand bikes with an unending stream of bikes coming and going between 9 -11 on 177.

Here's my favorite bike from today. This guy is obviously a pussy, opting for the sprung rear end instead of the hard tail. Rumor has it that is a self portrait on the tank.

100_1382.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OK so just where the hell where you guys LOL. I got there late around 11:30 cruised all around town looking for any fjr's but didn't spot any, assumed you guys lit out early. Watched the dyno session for a while walked the town lookin at the bikes. had a conversation with a harley rider or two, got something to eat and then left. I thought I did spot one silver fjr heading north on 177 I was going south. Weather was great, the wife said her ass hurt (first trip of over a hundred miles for her) clocked about 400 total for the day. Had a good time just wish I could have caught up with some of you. Hey Mike, do you ever sleep or is your posting time on your computer off? Stan

OK so just where the hell where you guys LOL. I got there late around 11:30 cruised all around town looking for any fjr's but didn't spot any, assumed you guys lit out early. Hey Mike, do you ever sleep or is your posting time on your computer off? Stan
Stan:

Sorry I missed you. I left before 10:30. I woke up early this morning, but I think I was sawing logs last night by 10 PM.

OK so just where the hell where you guys LOL. I got there late around 11:30 cruised all around town looking for any fjr's but didn't spot any, assumed you guys lit out early.

I got there around 9:00 & left about 10:30. Had breakfast, walked around for an hour taking pictures & talking to people, bought a Cassoday tee shirt & headed home. Depending on where you got on 177 you might have seen me.

OK so just where the hell where you guys LOL. I got there late around 11:30 cruised all around town looking for any fjr's but didn't spot any, assumed you guys lit out early.
I got there around 9:00 & left about 10:30. Had breakfast, walked around for an hour taking pictures & talking to people, bought a Cassoday tee shirt & headed home. Depending on where you got on 177 you might have seen me.
Hey James, The bike we passed was in between two big groups of harleys. I really didn't get a great look we were in a corner and going over a small bridge I think.

I didn't mention that we had a reporter from the Wichita Eagle shadow us on the ride to Cassoday Sunday. Chris Shull eveidently searched the web and found our motorcycle club meeting notice. We meet at the NW corner of Kellogg and Andover Roads at 8 AM on Cassoday Sundays and he showed up in his pick up truck with notepad in hand.

Here is the link to his article.

I didn't mention that we had a reporter from the Wichita Eagle shadow us on the ride to Cassoday Sunday. Chris Shull eveidently searched the web and found our motorcycle club meeting notice. We meet at the NW corner of Kellogg and Andover Roads at 8 AM on Cassoday Sundays and he showed up in his pick up truck with notepad in hand.
Here is the link to his article.
My parents (whom live in Newton KS where I grew up) sent me that article clipped from the Eagle. Maybe next summer I'll ride down from Portland to attend!