shift code on 06 ae (SH--48)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doddsy

Reaction score
I previously asked advice on this but I got the code wrong, sorry,Dave. it is SH--48. bike gets hot when stationary in traffic etc, yellow shift light comes on with code SH--48, and clutch wont engage when I try to pull away, have to switch off ignition to clear code, then it will work, for a while. dealer doesnt seem to know. Can anyone shine a light on this?

Last edited by a moderator:
I previously asked advice on this but I got the code wrong, sorry,Dave. it is SH--48. bike gets hot when stationary in traffic etc, yellow shift light comes on with code SH--48, and clutch wont engage when I try to pull away, have to switch off ignition to clear code, then it will work, for a while. dealer doesnt seem to know. Can anyone shine a light on this?
Lets try SH-48-Improper engine idling speed

cause:

1. engine idle speed-chek and adjust engine idle speed, ref,pg.3-10.

2. defectie fast idle unit- replace the throttle bodies. ref., pg. 7-5.

Hope this is again helpful

Right............Thanks guys for the advice, I've lowered the idle slightly to just over 1000rpm, immediately, the gears seem less clunky and shift, well, better, if you know what I mean, I'll have to run the bike hot, to see if the code reappears, not tonight, though.

At least it is a relief to know that this is a problem with adjustments, and not a big repair job. My local dealer just revved it up and suggested it could be an"engine out job". Miraculously, they announced they were fully booked in the workshop "for weeks" when they heard it would be a warranty job.

Don't Yamaha train their mechanics? I will keep you informed if this solves it or not.