'03 Ign crap

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinker

Tinker
Reaction score
Well I'm F###ed! My 03 ignition switch just died. Tried isolating the expected broken wire and ended up with a nise red wire with a pc board solder pint on the bitter end. Now I have to wait for the stealer to open tomorrow, Tue, so he, she, it can tell me it isn't a stocked item and it will be __weeks to get. Never mind I'll call Glenn right now.

Later

Well I'm F###ed! My 03 ignition switch just died. Tried isolating the expected broken wire and ended up with a nise red wire with a pc board solder pint on the bitter end. Now I have to wait for the stealer to open tomorrow, Tue, so he, she, it can tell me it isn't a stocked item and it will be __weeks to get. Never mind I'll call Glenn right now.
Later
Welcome to the Iggie club! (sorry 'nacio, couldn't resist.) Mine did EXACTLY the same thing, red wire pulled out, complete with solder tab.

Ok. I'm back on the road. Lousy cold solder at the switch plate. Disassembeled, cleaned, re-soldered and bench tested. All good. While I was there I re-soldered all four points. All re assembeled and running well now.

Appreciate previous posters, the information was very helpfull.