ABS

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wel1123

Reaction score
I have a 2007 FJR with an intermitent ABS light that will come on flashing slow which by the owners manual indicates "an unstable condition" was encountered by the ABS controller. The light stays on untill the ignition is cycled and according to the manual the system will still function corectly with this condition. It happens more often when the bike is ridden hard but has happened with a very gentle stop at which time I get the ABS activating. Anyone else seen this one? Would like to totally informed before I go to the dealer.

I have a 2007 FJR with an intermitent ABS light that will come on flashing slow which by the owners manual indicates "an unstable condition" was encountered by the ABS controller. The light stays on untill the ignition is cycled and according to the manual the system will still function corectly with this condition. It happens more often when the bike is ridden hard but has happened with a very gentle stop at which time I get the ABS activating. Anyone else seen this one? Would like to totally informed before I go to the dealer.
I have had my ABS activated few times here and there, but never, knock on wood, saw the light. I do find that when I do quick stop and get my brakes very close to ABS activation I would get a slight pulsation in the grip and I mean real slight. I think it is telling me that I am 99% of activating full ABS. Other wise no issue here.

I don't have an ABS bike but some soft errors on ABS brake systems, in general, can occur if the ABS pickup sensor gets dirty or crudded up in some way. Have you checked sensors and/or cleaned them; the computer may be getting confusing signals, and throw out a code, and due to the conficting signals, activate the ABS pulsing. Just a thought.

I had more ABS activity on my 05 than on the 07, mostly when I was running Pilot Roads. The condition you describe sounds very suspect to me and I would definitely recommend getting it checked by the dealer.