Trip to WV to New River Gorge Bridge Day

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iris

formerly "herfjr"
Reaction score
I know (and I apologize), I probably posted this in the wrong section (wasn't sure where to post it), but I figured the administrator would place it properly for me.

Is anyone planning on going to Bridge Day at the New River Gorge Bridge in WV?

I know (and I apologize), I probably posted this in the wrong section (wasn't sure where to post it), but I figured the administrator would place it properly for me.Is anyone planning on going to Bridge Day at the New River Gorge Bridge in WV?
seriously, you want to get caught up in this:

04crowd.jpg

remember that US 19 is about the only real way into or out of that direct area with 200,000 visitiors + locals my bet is that it would be a good place to get hurt on a bike.

I would ask Jim Meadows about that.

Yeah, I know....it's actually not like me (at all) to be in crowds, but I think this would be kind of cool for a couple of hours.

I just wanted to use it as an excuse to come down to West Virginia again....not that I really need an excuse.

After we are done sight-seeing with the jumpers for a couple of hours, I think we'll head out of there to ride somewhere and do our best avoiding traffic.

We will be leaving home Wed. 17th and we're scheduled to be back on the following Tues. So, we'll have plenty of time (though it always seems there's never enough) to have fun before and after Bridge Day event.

We will be heading down past Morgantown and staying in Lewisburg. If you have any interest in getting together with Jim and I for Dinner or something as we pass through in either direction, you can PM us if you like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I know....it's actually not like me (at all) to be in crowds, but I think this would be kind of cool for a couple of hours. I just wanted to use it as an excuse to come down to West Virginia again....not that I really need an excuse.

After we are done sight-seeing with the jumpers for a couple of hours, I think we'll head out of there to ride somewhere and do our best avoiding traffic.

We will be leaving home Wed. 17th and we're scheduled to be back on the following Tues. So, we'll have plenty of time (though it always seems there's never enough) to have fun before and after Bridge Day event.

We will be heading down past Morgantown and staying in Lewisburg. If you have any interest in getting together with Jim and I for Dinner or something as we pass through in either direction, you can PM us if you like.
I'm thinking about being in that area myself. I'll probably stay clear of the bridge jump though due to traffic. this is the picture perfect best time to be on the blue ridge parkway. Let me know if you want to hook up. my plans are to leave cincinnati on the 17th and get to within one hour of the begginning of skyline drive in front royal. my plan is to ride skyline drive and a piece of the blueridge on the 18th. then continue on the blue ridge the 19th and 20th all the way to maggie valley (and maybe on too knoxville). I'm a little pushed for time (i'll be headed for home on sunday morning from wherever i end out),, but plan on enjoying my rides (vs. arriving at the destination). I always wanted to ride the entire blue ridge while the leaves were changing. Drop me a PM and let me know of your plans.

GreyGoose

Iris, please see your PM. I may be meeting you guys.