FJR's Spotted on Blue Ridge

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreyGoose

Reaction score
Just got back from covering all of skyline drive and the Blue ridge parkway :yahoo: . Saw 4 of you out there....

Who was it?????

GreyGoose

Just got back from covering all of skyline drive and the Blue ridge parkway :yahoo: . Saw 4 of you out there....
Who was it?????

GreyGoose
Could well have been me. Rode the BRP from Boone to Cherokee and back. I saw more FJRs during this mountain ride than ever before.....a total of seven. Some of them were over in the Damascus, VA area. Couldn't have been better riding weather.

I have a vacation home in Cashiers North Carolina. We are on the BR all the time during the summer and fall months when we are there. Always see FJR's when up there!

Who was it?????

GreyGoose
Tate, Alan and I were there a couple of weeks back, what an awesome set of roads (just like back home), especially the Dragon.

I did the bulk of my Dragon slaying at night, because there's less/no traffic, no cops and it's just a lot of fun putting the Feejer through it's paces B) , so was really lucky to have gotten some really nice pics on the one run I did in the morning, hauling ass and having a great time :yahoo:

IMG_6760.jpg

IMG_6762.jpg

IMG_6763.jpg

IMG_6764.jpg

IMG_6765.jpg

IMG_6766.jpg

IMG_6769.jpg

IMG_6770.jpg

img_9251.jpg

img_9252.jpg

img_9253.jpg

Wish I was riding there now, especially this time of year. Rode "The Dragon" labor day week and saw alot of FJR'S out and about.

I hope you scared all the cops away, planning on heading down from Ct. Nov 2.

I'll be the 04 fj pulling my buddy along on his ultra classic with a rope.

Not sure how I talked him into it but it sounds like a awesome ride. :yahoo:

Theres no doubt that this is a world class ride during this time of year. We did hit some bodacious fog on thursday though. I'm talking 20ft visability :blink:

Colors on skyline drive and upper blue ridge were spectacular.

Lesson learned: Do this ride on a weekday. Its a completely different experience than on a weekend.

GreyGoose

Theres no doubt that this is a world class ride during this time of year. We did hit some bodacious fog on thursday though. I'm talking 20ft visability :blink:

Colors on skyline drive and upper blue ridge were spectacular.

Lesson learned: Do this ride on a weekday. Its a completely different experience than on a weekend.

IMG_0129Small.jpg

IMG_0111Small.jpg

IMG_0087Small.jpg

IMG_0106Small.jpg

IMG_0097Small.jpg

Then the infamous: WHO YOU GONNA CALL

IMG_0088Small.jpg

GreyGoose

Last edited by a moderator:
I was down at the Blue Ridge and the Dragon 2 weeks ago. Went with a buddy of mine who was riding a BMW K1200RS. We did a little over 2,000 miles in 5 days. Weather was perfect, met a few FJR owners at Deals Gap. Got some great pictures from Killboy as well, I'll spare ya'll of posting them.

You didn't mention what dates you were where but I rode the BRP a bit and the Dragon on 10-03-07 as part of my ride from Portland, Orygun (that's how we pronounce it) to Charleston, SC and then home by way of Wisconsin and hwy 80 to Portland. Saw two FJRs in the area of the BRP on the 3rd.

I rode 7,834 miles with stops to visit relatives in CA, AZ, TX, AR, TN, SC, WI, and CO between 9-16 and 10-16. Met some great folks along the way and other than predictable tire wear the only two problems my 06A presented are a sticky kickstand neutral switch and a problem with my right side bag....it is determined to come out and attempt to come off at the point where the rearmost upper hook hangs onto the rearmost mating cavity below the passenger seat. It worked itself out of that cavity on 4 occasions but the front hook and the bottom locking tab did prevent the entire bag from detaching. Only damage is the protective clear covering around that cavity is now partially lifted off the painted area. Think I'll post this concern elsewhere to see if anyone else has had similar problems.

That aside, I had a great ride on a great set of TwoWheels!

27Man :yahoo:

I really like this pic because it's a great illustration of what hard parts are gonna touch down and when. The highway pegs are a little scary. At least the stock pegs will fold up. Of course the closeness of the highway pegs to the ground could be an illusion due to the angle. But it does look at least a little disconcerting. Touching that pivot down could put you in a heap-O-dookie.