Check Engine Light

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelhead

Reaction score
Comming homr today 2.5 hours into a 3.5 hour drive my check engine light came on for about 3 minutes and then went back off. Weather was drizzle and wet roadways. There was no indication that anythng was wrong with the bike at all except for the light. Bike is an 2005 with Muzzy exhaust and PCIII. Any ideas and should I take it to the dealer?

TIA

Last edited by a moderator:
Do not be overly alarmed, it happens with some PC III applications. I used "Google"; "check engine site:fjrforum.co" and got a number of hits...

Clicky #1,

Clicky #2,

Clicky #3.

There were 5 or 6 more on the Google search. If the above links don't answer your question, check it for yourself, just leave the "spaces" exactly as I typed it above.

Last edited by a moderator:
Comming homr today 2.5 hours into a 3.5 hour drive my check engine light came on for about 3 minutes and then went back off. Weather was drizzle and wet roadways. There was no indication that anythng was wrong with the bike at all except for the light. Bike is an 2005 with Muzzy exhaust and PCIII. Any ideas and should I take it to the dealer?
TIA
I don't know what your check engine problem is yet (need more info) but one should never take their bikes to the dealer until exhausting all other possibilities. Search on your code (once you get it) and then we'll see what's happenin'

Don't now about the check engine light but, Damn Greg! Not only was it wet all day It was cold! Sat for an hour plus watching son's football game and froze my nards just about off.

You da man :clapping:

:jester: