Fitting of Bar Ends

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spalkin

Reaction score
I searched but couldn't come up with anything.

Question. Can you move the Bar End anchors further down the bar tubes so you can get a closer fit for the ends or weights.

I know that you can order the parts but are they a friction fit or glue or what? Thanks

I think the inserts bottom out in a step inside the handle bar and can not move any further to the inside. You can remove the inserts and install Throttlemeisters for bar weights and get a throttle lock at the same time. To check the inserts use a socket that will fit inside the tube and mate with the metal cylinder of the insert, strike the socket to drive the insert into the tube.

Go to https://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/parts/home.aspx to find a picture of the inserts and handle bars.

The inserts are friction fit and can be driven into the tubes with a socket with careful alingment.

I'll check it tomorrow. I put different ends on. They have the exact same cuts at the bar as the stockers. It seems wrong that the ends wouldn't come in closer than they do. I've got about a quarter inch from the edge of the handlebar to the inner face of the weight.

I know some have simply moved the controls outward to compensate, so this may just be the way it is. Like I said, I'll try to punch them further down tomorrow. Thanks