What is this part

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timbo2015

Reaction score
I found this on the right side of my motorcycle just after I pulled the valve cover off for a valve clearance check. I think it came from my FJR but I can't figure out where from. It looks like a wire grommet of some sort. Any ideas?

Thanks

th_dscn1405.jpg

th_DSCN1404.jpg

FJRobert might have the million dollar answer, though the 'hole' looks a little big for the fuel cap grommet.

Your piccies are too small to get a good look, so I can't tell what it is.

I think if I found a healthy, albeit dirty human finger on my bike after doing a valve adjustment, I would be concerned too. Oh, you mean that orange thingie? :rolleyes: :)

I found this on the right side of my motorcycle just after I pulled the valve cover off for a valve clearance check. I think it came from my FJR but I can't figure out where from. It looks like a wire grommet of some sort. Any ideas?
Actual dimensions of the part might help. I can't think of any wire loom grommets that aren't black rubber. Did you check the gas tank lid breather grommet under the lid?

I just discovered that the grommet fell off of the halogen work light I was using. It just happened to roll under the bike. Now if I can just figure out where that dirty finger came from.

Moderators: feel free to delete this thread as it is of no use to anyone.

Now fellas (and gals), I suppose it takes a boy from Montana who knows the difference between a cow and a steer and a bull. I believe that there is one o' them "rubber cheerios" we slip over a little bull calf's nutsack while we're brandin' 'em. Nuts fall right off in a few days. No more cuttin'. Course, we don't get to fry 'em up anymore neither.

Last edited by a moderator: