Eastern KY Ride Update

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keithaba

Reaction score
Routes will look like this. I need to figure out how to post the mapsource files, if all else fails, I'll e-mail them.

Friday April 11th: natural bridge resort

Short Ride around 11 A.M. 2:30 PM. Check in at 3:00. Skylift to the top of natural bridge, Recon for food and beer. BBQ dinner BS time!

Saturday April 12th: Depart at 9:00 A.M.

RedRiverGorgeTour.jpg

Get in around, 6-ish. Check in, Best western

Dinner at Macado's restaurant and bar Macado's It's 4 min. from the hotel.

Sunday April 13th: Breakfast Buffet at 8:00 Depart 9:15

Route to Grayson, KY

Arrive at Grayson Days Inn! *EDIT* 28.05 per person per night for double bed room. (They hiked the rate). Dinner either at the local pizza place or Wendy's, and I suspect another beer Recon thereafter!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to keep an eye on this thread... Can't commit at this point but I'll join in if I can.

Hope you can make it. I don't need definate answers until MARCH 1st.

That way I can cancel hotel rooms without any charge.

I would love to make this ride, if I can talk my S.O. into it...April 11th is our 20th anniversary. I can't think of a better way to celebrate it

I would love to make this ride, if I can talk my S.O. into it...April 11th is our 20th anniversary. I can't think of a better way to celebrate it
There will be a few other 2-up riders. If you can make it, I would even reccomend you go back to the park instead of to Grayson on Sunday. There is so much beautiful hiking and sight seeing at red river gorge. I've gone on at least 15 different hikes between 1 and 15 miles, and I'd say I haven't even done 1/3 of the trails.

The wife and I are looking like we may be in but with it so far off it is so hard to comitt 100% at this time. If we do go it looks like it would be Friday, Saturday and then ride back Sunday AM to LEX.

Grayson (Carter County) is DRY. Ashland (Boyd Co.), bordering Grayson is not. Probably should pick up the Malt Licora & MD 20/20 in Ashland, before reaching Grayson.

Fun facts:

KY produces more whiskey than any other state, yet has more Dry Counties than any other state.

Christian County is wet; Bourbon County is Dry.

There will be a few other 2-up riders. If you can make it, I would even reccomend you go back to the park instead of to Grayson on Sunday. There is so much beautiful hiking and sight seeing at red river gorge. I've gone on at least 15 different hikes between 1 and 15 miles, and I'd say I haven't even done 1/3 of the trails.
+1

The Red River Gorge is awesome. Take several days with your wife, if you can.

This is a very nice part of the state of Kentucky. The lodge at natural bridge has a very nice buffet dinner. Here is a link to some of the pictures I took of the Red River Gorge when I rode my Vstrom over last spring.
https://mbrier.shutterfly.com/action/pictur...e21b3292b30c429
Thanks for the pictures! The Vstrom seems like a great bike for that area. It will be good to get back to the gorge, I haven't been in over a year, and that area has some sort of magic about it!

Hope you can join us, the ride should be a lot of fun!