Wondering if there is a member that has a

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Ventura for my FZ-1, bought it when I bought the FZ-1 in 05. I like it a lot. Thumb screws are not too weather-proof, after 2 years are showing a little deterioration. Otherwise not a bad setup for the money. Pack is mostly waterproof. Fits a lot of stuff.

03469Medium.jpg

I liked the Givi for the FJR, looks a little more, er, dignified. :rolleyes:

Thanks MartyA,

I’m thinking about giving it a try. Would like to see one in person but that doesn’t seem likely.

Anyone else with comments/pix?

Must be just you an' me!

One really nice part of this system is how easy it is to load and unload the bag. It comes with 2 metal tail racks, a short one for when you are not hauling the pack that resembles a standard tail rack, and the tall one for the pack. The pack has a sleeve that slips on the tall part of the rack and clips at the bottom, literally 10 seconds to load or unload.

I have one and really like it. I was able to pack enough stuff for a 2 week trip using it. It is easy to get on and off and when it is off you can't the see the permantly mounted hardware. If you get one beware that the bag barely comes into contact with the grab bar. I When I mount mine I cover back portion of the grab bar with black electrical tape to keep the bag from rubbing the paint off.

294434433.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Had one on my ZRX. Loved it. Easy to load and unload. Very stable at 150+ on a closed course, of course. :lol:

Fantastic item. You can put the bag on the hoop to hang off the back or turn it around onto the seat. You can even zip two together for massive amount of capacity.

Al

You can even zip two together for massive amount of capacity. Al
A little funny though, you can zip two together for more pack space, but then you can't ride two-up. Or, if you ride two-up you can't pack two bags...

Bottom view - no, not Sally, look at the Ventura pack!! :D

bottomventure.jpg

Many thanks for the comments and photos.

The location and dimensions of the tips of the L brackets (w/o a rack) relative to the OEM rack of an 06A or newer FJR have caught my interest. I called cycleventure once and ask a few general questions. Maybe I'll give 'em another call and ask about dimensions.

As a side note, I’m also kinda toying with an idea of how to reinforce a rack/backrest combo.

Another thumbs up on the Ventura system. :thumbsup: I had one for my 97 YZF1000. You can fit a crap load of stuff in the bag, much more than the side case. And yes the best part was that it came off and on with only two clips, and stayed in place very well with no movement. Not necessarily pretty, but very functional in terms of performance and space.

If I had known that they were available when I was buying my luggage, I may have gone with this setup.

Hey, the "Search" button works! Kept me from asking a redundant question. I already have the Ventura system for my FZ1 and will only have to purchase brackets to fit the FJR. Daytripper, could you expound on the L-bracket attachment mounting for the FJR? I am wondering how difficult the installation would be and what has to be removed both temporarily and/or permanently to use the Ventura.

I agree that the Givi is more refined for the FJR but the Ventura will haul a LOT of gear and the $$$ is a bit less. :)

Hey, the "Search" button works! Kept me from asking a redundant question. I already have the Ventura system for my FZ1 and will only have to purchase brackets to fit the FJR. Daytripper, could you expound on the L-bracket attachment mounting for the FJR? I am wondering how difficult the installation would be and what has to be removed both temporarily and/or permanently to use the Ventura.
I agree that the Givi is more refined for the FJR but the Ventura will haul a LOT of gear and the $$$ is a bit less. :)
Its been a while since I installed this and my memory is not what it used to be. However, it was not that difficult to install the brackets. There is nothing that is permanently or temporarily removed to install the brackets and use the Ventura. If my memory is correct you do remove some bolts to install the forward bracket, but Ventura ships longer ones that go in their place. You will have to drill 2 holes in the rear fender. Ventura ships a template for the FJR that you can cut out and position in the rear fender in order to mark the center of the hole properly. Attached are a few photos that I hope help you visualize the installation

304525258.jpg

304525265.jpg

304525261.jpg

It bolts straight on the 06/07 and probably the 08, easy to fit in 15 mins.

I didn't like the look of it, spoilt the lines of the FJR so I fitted an SW-Motech system instead.

ven.jpg

mot.jpg

I just did a big write up on how I bought the SV650 with this Ventura system. The two pack that zip together and all the grab rails and short rack and tall one for mounting the bag to. I was gonna ask whether It would work well on the FJR but seems the search function worked for me after I typed the whole freeking thing. I said to myself. It is getting close enough to Friday and I don't wanna get yelled at again .... I think i'll try the search. Thanks it answered all my questions. All I have to buy is the mount hardware and the tall rack for the Pack. It is a different on for the FJR than the SV. I was hopin only to buy the L bracket things but oh well.