SH___26 Code?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shane Stump

Reaction score
I get the SH___26 on my 2006 FJR1300AE lately.

If I turn off all things I left on from the previous ride, it clears. I am guessing it is time for a new battery but I want to make sure it is that simple.

Best Regards,

Shane

My manual isn't close-at-hand and I don't own an "AE", but I think the codes all begin with "D", i.e., D:01, etc. I wonder if the "SH" has to do with the computer clutch/shift mechanism?

I just looked at the code list in my '05 manual, there is no "26" listed on the two lists I checked. Perhaps someone who has an '06 manual will have different results.

1 of 2 things:

Either there is abnormal clutch movement sensed, or the current for the clutch actuator is too high when the POST (power on self test) runs when the ignition key is turned to "ON"

Thanks - since I am going in tomorrow for my 28,000 mile service, I will have the dealer take a look!

Best Regards,

Shane

Shane, let us know what it is and what they say.

Also, once the information is available, please go to the New Gen Bin-'O-Facts and post so Rickster can add it to the information about the bikes. (He folds the information into the original thread and trashes your post.)

Just adding to what Rickster posted with regards to the clutch from the service manual....

The service manual also notes some simple things to possibly check first:

1) Clutch fluid level and/or leaks

2) Air in hydraulic clutch system

Good luck...it will be something simple.

Well, it did it again the morning when I was getting to ride out. I walked it a little bit and restarted it and it started up!

I had the dealer check everything out and they could find nothing wrong (as it doesn't seem to be reproducible until the first part of the morning. They have ordered me a new battery and they have a call into Yamaha for advice.

Since I need to take the bike back next week for the battery and replacement ECM, I will report back then!

Thanks for all the replies / help.

Best Regards,

Shane

Well, the problem is FINALLY fixed!

Woods Fun Center in Austin did all the recommended things + replaced the battery!

Since the problem only happened when the bike sat over night, I really don't know what the fix was since they were unable to reproduce the problem.

Best Regards,

Shane

I HATE pahntom problems! :grrr:

It takes awhile before I'm confident the issue is solved. I hope the battery was the problem and this is behind you.

I HATE pahntom problems! :grrr:
It takes awhile before I'm confident the issue is solved. I hope the battery was the problem and this is behind you.
Being a software architect / engineer, so do I!

Best Regards,

Shane