The Secret SV-650/1000 Suzuki Owners Society

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRMGM

FJRMGM
Reaction score
OK, sounds like several of us have an SV in the garage alongside our FJR so post your pictures here.

All models of SV 650 and 1000 are welcome to post up.

This is mine - 04 SV 650s purchased used three months ago. It has Dale Walker Holeshot high mount exhaust can that sounds great, undertail, LED turn signals, frame sliders and Puig double bubble "Race" windscreen.

This little V-twin is Great run to ride and a big change from the FJR.

I frequent www.svrider.com forum for most info.

100-0012_IMG.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My SV

So far everyone has a holeshot high mount.

image004.jpg

My sons's SV

image016.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent idea.

I have a 2005 SV1000S that's all farkled up

Pics of the bike are here [clicky]

Me on the track on the bike [clicky]

(I'll get a smugmug account one of these days and post them directly)

I've gone a little nutty with mine . . .

• factory lowers
  • oem sliders
  • ZG DB
  • Leo Vince
  • BMC
  • PCIII
  • PIAA bulbs
  • Throttlemeister
  • RaceTech front springs
  • Elka 3-2ay adjustable rear shock
  • Watsen Design front turn signals
  • Cowl cover
  • Vortex rear sets
  • tlr shift mod

Cheers

Before:

DanielleSV650.jpg

After:

DitchSurfing019.jpg

That SV has a set of Convertibars with less than 20 miles on them, including extended clutch cable and stainless brake lines. Anybody interested?

It also has a still good engine. Not much else worth salvaging.

Yikes!! Who went off roading Geezer? You or your daughter? I trust from your tone that everyone is alright?
That was my daughter Danielle. She had a few minor bruises, but walked away. Thanks for asking. Good gear saved her from some serious hurting.

I was planning to fix the SV, but the more I looked at it the worse it got. The frame is cracked where the swingarm attaches, the rear subframe is squashed, and all of the plastic is damaged.

No Dude...funny thing is that FJR is the only forum I belong to. I do love my SV but have been thinking about replacing it with an RC-51. Any thoughts on that?

Nothing directly. I've read a lot about them as well as the Aprilia RSV1000. I've also read a ton about the new Buell and sat on all of them and ridden none of them . . . yet. The Aprilia is very, very focused. The RC is faster, heavier, and thirstier. More focused than the SV as well. Still trying to figure out where the new 1125 Buell fits in. I'd ride any of them in a heart beat.